Unable to view the Crossmember Replacement Tutorial...

Which is a bit of a shame because I need to replace the old one! Just removed the bumper for a repair, and found the crossmember looked a bit rusty. Unfortunately it's holed. As the car will be a gift to my girlfriend, I want the structural strength back.

It seems ebay is a reasonable price for crossmembers, but the tutorial would be useful. I an weld and grind stuff, so it should be OK. Would appreciate knowing the shortcuts if possible.

Cheers

Which is a bit of a shame because I need to replace the old one! Just removed the bumper for a repair, and found the crossmember looked a bit rusty. Unfortunately it's holed. As the car will be a gift to my girlfriend, I want the structural strength back.

It seems ebay is a reasonable price for crossmembers, but the tutorial would be useful. I an weld and grind stuff, so it should be OK. Would appreciate knowing the shortcuts if possible.

Cheers

Easy to replace without a tutorial.

Spot weld drill will be needed, drill out all the spot welds, unbolts. Easy.

Thanks for the help everyone, was nice and straightforward. Got the crossmember drilled on Tuesday night, then used a chisel Wednesday afternoon to get it off, and the replacement fitted and nearly welded back in too! My welding gun broke so waiting for a replacement, hopefully will be here on Friday. Then I can get the rad back in and the front undersealed.

Back