Unable to view the Crossmember Replacement Tutorial...

Which is a bit of a shame because I need to replace the old one! Just removed the bumper for a repair, and found the crossmember looked a bit rusty. Unfortunately it's holed. As the car will be a gift to my girlfriend, I want the structural strength back.

It seems ebay is a reasonable price for crossmembers, but the tutorial would be useful. I an weld and grind stuff, so it should be OK. Would appreciate knowing the shortcuts if possible.

Cheers

Rob

Cosworth turbo'd 1.3
Which is a bit of a shame because I need to replace the old one! Just removed the bumper for a repair, and found the crossmember looked a bit rusty. Unfortunately it's holed. As the car will be a gift to my girlfriend, I want the structural strength back.

It seems ebay is a reasonable price for crossmembers, but the tutorial would be useful. I an weld and grind stuff, so it should be OK. Would appreciate knowing the shortcuts if possible.

Cheers

Easy to replace without a tutorial.

Spot weld drill will be needed, drill out all the spot welds, unbolts. Easy.

OP
OP
F
Thanks for the help everyone, was nice and straightforward. Got the crossmember drilled on Tuesday night, then used a chisel Wednesday afternoon to get it off, and the replacement fitted and nearly welded back in too! My welding gun broke so waiting for a replacement, hopefully will be here on Friday. Then I can get the rad back in and the front undersealed.