Ultimate micra setup?

M

mr rob

Howdy I've been away with the honda crowd for a while now and its great but I miss the beast (my old car) but I have in recent weeks been able to write up a list of modifications to produce the ultimate micra for fast road use.

1. Janspeed manifold.
2. Decat Pipe.
3. 2" mandrel bent exhaust.
4. Adjustable fuel pressure regulator.
5. 1.0 crank pulley (its lighter).
6. Tomei 256 degree cams.
7. Jun ultra lightweight flywheel.
8. greddy e-manage
9. a good CAI set up (i.e. by your bumper not in the engine bay!) and a GA16 TB or a set of Bike TB's (talk to boggs brothers).
10. Whiteline suspension kit.... all of it especially the anti rollbars and strut braces
11. a set of 1.6 sunny brakes (I think the gtir brakes are over kill!)
12. some time on a rolling road to maximise Torque (thats more important than outright BHP in real world use)

its kinda expensive in total but it should make an incredibably competant Micra certainly enough to surprise most people

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
what about a 2.0 turbo setup? thats the route i'm trying to take, also Carbon fiber stuff?

OP
OP
M

mr rob

ok ultimate set up retaining original engine and not fitting forced induction but then again surely the ultimate setup would include an RB26 twin turbo.

what I ment was a great all round setup that could be pieced together with out shelling out too much at any one time.

I reckon the above should net at least 120 BHP probably closer to 130BHP in a stripped out micra (with a carbon bonnet if you like) you are looking at a very favourable power to weight ratio and fantastic handling from the whiteline kit

N.B. surely the heavy 2.0 block would produce a nasty amount of understeer?

T

tom

ultimate setup is sr20det, stripped, caged, carbon bonet,roof,boot,doorcards,wings & seats :) oooo and rwd :)

OP
OP
M

mr rob

readings not so good there is it tom? anyhoo as I said keeping the original engine so no swapping malarkie otherwise as I previously stated a RB26 skyline engine mounted in the boot would be best.

forgot pistons and headgasket there wonder what compression ratio you can run before getting problems with the quality of fuel

Craig

Unofficial Member (Gold)
Club Member
Not sure, pistons and hgasket ncrease if to 10 or 11:1 so timing may have to be retarded for this, at this stage you would be using optimax or similar nyway