Ultimate Handling?

jamier2007

Ex. Club Member
I know this seems like cheating, but i cant find the answer!
What is the ultimate handling for the K10 using off the shelf parts? I know people use corsa and polo coilovers but that seems to be for lowering rather than handling.
Any help would be appreciated

i can supply coilovers made for k10's developed for autograss and road use .fully adjustable platforms and rears have adjustable dampers .these are a direct fit with only slight enlarging of the top mount hole on the fronts .i have used Avo's and found these to be far better ,pics available if required

i can supply coilovers made for k10's developed for autograss and road use .fully adjustable platforms and rears have adjustable dampers .these are a direct fit with only slight enlarging of the top mount hole on the fronts .i have used Avo's and found these to be far better ,pics available if required

Il have some pics if you've got thm :)

Also, k11 anti roll bars will fit with some work, I've got front and rear bars along with the k11 hubs that will allow for better brakes waiting to be put on

I had Boge shocks with Spax lowered springs, and additional bump stops fitted, along with Toyo proxies tyres and the handling was awesome

Ah yes I forgot I had an adjustable front strut brace which helped. I'm selling it soon if anyone wants it

I had Boge shocks with Spax lowered springs, and additional bump stops fitted, along with Toyo proxies tyres and the handling was awesome
Hey Arnold, the boge shocks where did you get them from please as i'm finding it hard to find any part from like one on ebay here and there, and they just standard to fit? cheers

Not much modding to make them fit? I was thinking of just getting new shocks and lowering springs instead of coilovers? Would it matter for handling purposes?
No modding at all as far as I could see. Make sure its the proper rear coil over set. Not separate shock n spring.
New shocks and lowering springs would be just fine. Still be rolly and wallowy.
But coilovers also require setting up. Or at a minimum correct spring rates

Hey Arnold, the boge shocks where did you get them from please as i'm finding it hard to find any part from like one on ebay here and there, and they just standard to fit? cheers
There was various places selling them online about 7/8 years back, but I won't remember where they were. Springs were from Demon Tweeks. Bump stops from Halfords. Strut brace from Japan

May as well get coilovers from gaz about £500 for front/rear with correct spring rates, strut braces from dc perfomance, k11 front anti roll bar, doubled up rear anti roll bar.

"Corsa all models gha310" will go on fairly easy then yeh?
No mate I got corsa rears and they are way way way too low.

Just phone them up mate you can get front and rears for the same price as the corsa ones about £450-£500 area, spring rates will be correct too.
Know of two guys who have recently bought them.

Still undecided wether to put any on there.. Don't want to get stress marks, ripples etc.
I thought that but I have not seen one k10 rep with ripples on the top of the front wings yet. It happens over time to most old cars if used and abused. Unlucky for us everyone abuses K10s.

Back