UK based forged piston manufacturers??

Hi guys,

My dissertation supervisor has been working on a new Al Alloy for use in high temp applications. He was looking to make pistons from it but the arrangement with JE has fallen through last minute so he's desperately trying to find a UK based company who can make forged pistons.

If anyone has any ideas or people who may know then please let me know :)

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
So not an age hardened alloy then? :)
Edit: Just remembered its actualy called precipitation hardening :)

OP
OP
Noddie
So not an age hardened alloy then? :)
Edit: Just remembered its actualy called precipitation hardening :)

Yeah, its a quasicrystalline Al which is cast as a semi solid as far as I know. I think it may be rapid age hardened with a heat treatment. I think he is working on a powdered Al alloy also so it may be that.

Ooo I used to do inspection of Titanium RR items back at the old place, titanium etch inspection followed up with a Fluoroscent Penetrant Inspection.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
Ooo I used to do inspection of Titanium RR items back at the old place, titanium etch inspection followed up with a Fluoroscent Penetrant Inspection.

Am in charge of the dye pen ndt maintenance at work :) Titanium os used in the fan/compressor blades, my business sector does turbine blades only :)

Agh righto, im the geek that does the inspections, well on odd accasions now. I got moved into small hydraulics to run that, still NDT through and through :) Im guessing your on electrostatic application down there? Ive been up to the Ansty RR big place :)

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
Agh righto, im the geek that does the inspections, well on odd accasions now. I got moved into small hydraulics to run that, still NDT through and through :) Im guessing your on electrostatic application down there? Ive been up to the Ansty RR big place :)

We have electrostatic on our manual line but just normal spray on the automated line. Anyway, thread hijack over haha