U.S Short Shifter?

So it fits flawlessly without any tricks/adaptation Karl? That's what Bag was thinking

Bought mine for the lab project :D
Any thought about the rattle? Spring? Bush?

usually the rattle is the shifter hitting the cat shield, but if you take off the shield it could be a number of other things

I've had one of those on the car for a very long time. Never had any problems with it except for those relating to installation. Namely the heat shield, which was binned so no fouling issues. The only other possibility is the plastic socket the shifter sits in, as they, (like many things on an old car), have the tendency to seize and due to the threaded lengths being bonded into the plastic carrier, you may end up having to get a new one due to them rounding off in the plastic mounting :(

The only other alternative is the B&M style shifter, which comes with its own metallic housing and is a direct replacement for the OEM item.

shifter.jpg

For the money though the shifters, as posted by Seb_ are great value :)

made my own short shift by welding an extra bush tube below the original.​
binned the shield cos its such a hassle to try bash it to fit between the tight clearance of the cat & linkage, it could rattle plus i doubt it gets really hot in there​
scaled.php
rattling gearstick while cruising in 5th is usually caused by worn loose linkage bushing resonating the engine vibrations​

Thanks for the hints LR ! Do you have a picture of the shifter fitted underneath the car to see how tight it is with the exhaust line?

Sadly no, as I am in Norway and my car is just a shell at the moment at Matt's awaiting a pedal box to arrive to complete the work being done....

Back