Tyre sizes and what you'd run

hey all, the tyres are beginning to wear thin on my k11 and I want to upgrade to a gripper deal, but 14 x5 is a difficult size to find decent tyres for.

currently I'm either looking at splashing out on some 15s on a 7j width, or going for some 155 55 r14 nankang ns2s. my only worry is that dropping to a thinner tyre(from budget 165 65 r14) is that I'll still have the same issues of tyre rollover and understeer that I already encounter.

it'd be great to hear what you guys run and if you think that dropping the width in favour of stickier rubber will yield a better overall result or just end up in the same place I already am.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Micra Sports Club mobile app

hey all, the tyres are beginning to wear thin on my k11 and I want to upgrade to a gripper deal, but 14 x5 is a difficult size to find decent tyres for.

currently I'm either looking at splashing out on some 15s on a 7j width, or going for some 155 55 r14 nankang ns2s. my only worry is that dropping to a thinner tyre(from budget 165 65 r14) is that I'll still have the same issues of tyre rollover and understeer that I already encounter.

it'd be great to hear what you guys run and if you think that dropping the width in favour of stickier rubber will yield a better overall result or just end up in the same place I already am.

The best set up I've had were 185/55/14 on my 6 inch wheels. I hope you're not putting 155s on 7 inch wide wheels, I don't see that working out well due to ugly stretch

Sent from my LG K11+ (yes I did buy the phone specifically to have a K11 phone, I'm that sad)

The best set up I've had were 185/55/14 on my 6 inch wheels. I hope you're not putting 155s on 7 inch wide wheels, I don't see that working out well due to ugly stretch

Sent from my LG K11+ (yes I did buy the phone specifically to have a K11 phone, I'm that sad)
I wish I had 6j wheels, ive got flipped steel 5j ones which is part of the issue of finding decent tyre.

Back