Tyre Sizes, 13" Rims

K10

Ex. Club Member
Hi Folks,

I've done a search to see what size standard micra tyres (with a 13" rim) should be- and everyone seems agreed on 155/70/13. Is that right?

For those who have stuck with 13's and want more width, what sizes have you all gone for and is there any rubbing etc? Want to lower eventually too (about 35mm).

I quite fancy a set of 165/65/13 to add a bit of width, so it looks a bit better really!

Cheers :k10:

Turtle

Ex. Club Member
Some tyre sizes are easier to get than others.

The Super S was standard with 165/60/13 but they're harder and more expensive (£40 a tyre?) to find. Certainly look more sporty though.

And yes, 155/70/13 is standard I think, about £25 a tyre if i remember right

the sandard rim width of the face lift micras is 5 inches older ones are only 4 inches!

since mine were 5 I'm getting away nicely with175/50/13 fitted to the rears the grip is allmighty! and I'm 35mm lowered no rubbing at all.

Incedently I have 175/50/14 on the front (bigger wheel to compensate for low profile reducing rolling radius too much..but overall is still 3% smaller circumference (slightly geared sown)

My advice is to get the BEST tyres that you can afford even if it means waiting for other stuff.

OP
OP
K10

K10

Ex. Club Member
Good info, cheers chaps :)

Can get 165's for about £25 but the 175 equivalents are about £40 a shot.

I'm not in an immidiate rush for wheels, but my rear ones are getting a bit low so weighing up options.

As for K11 alloys, great idea but i'm happy with my steelies- especially now i've took the trims off and sprayed them black.

Thanks folks!

Mat.T

Ex. Club Member
weller-black.jpg

http://www.wellerwheels.co.uk/default.asp

you know it makes sense :D

Good info, cheers chaps :)

Can get 165's for about £25 but the 175 equivalents are about £40 a shot.

I'm not in an immidiate rush for wheels, but my rear ones are getting a bit low so weighing up options.

As for K11 alloys, great idea but i'm happy with my steelies- especially now i've took the trims off and sprayed them black.

Thanks folks!

Yeah...who's the man? I'm on steelies too (front and rear)!

stretch youself for some good rubber though...its the only thing that keeps you in control (accelloration, change direction, stopping)

opt for durabillity over grip IMO..they are still very grippy compared with budget tyres and they last!

I have Eagle NCT3s on front & contisport contact on rear....I think NCT3's have been replaced by NCT5's now...some places might be looking to shift some stock though?

Rubber rules! (no fetish implied....but not denying it though either....lol)

they look cool....

K10 hub is 59.1 centre bore though (for taking the bulk of the wheel load)...If ther was an adaptor available.....then I would be buying these..maybe?

OP
OP
K10

K10

Ex. Club Member
mat- how did you know what I really want :wasntme:

i'd kill for a set of those fella, you know me too well :grinning:

Cheers for that sammo. I think the tyres i saw for £25 were toyo 330's, bit of an economy tyre but its much better than the recycled contraceptive sheaths I have on at the moment. :)

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
K10 hub is 59.1 centre bore though (for taking the bulk of the wheel load)...If ther was an adaptor available.....then I would be buying these..maybe?

there have been adaptors since the wheel beagn mate spiggot rings IIRC avaliable from all good motor factors

OP
OP
K10

K10

Ex. Club Member
do they fit steelies though? I suppose with wellers being aftermarket wheels they may well do!

Whilst on the subject of tyres, what should the pressures be?

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
do they fit steelies though? I suppose with wellers being aftermarket wheels they may well do!

Whilst on the subject of tyres, what should the pressures be?

should do they arnt just for alloy wheels as long as you get the correct size although TBH it wouldnt do any damage the k10 weighs nothing i ran my k10 on alloys without spigott rings for 5 years and never had a problem the bearings were in top condition when i last had to check them, its not like the centre bore sits flush as standard theres still a small gap

tyres should be 27psi all round iirc

27psi on stock 155/70 tyres, but lower profile tyres will need more pressure to get an even wear and max grip...I regularly checked the wear of the rubber hairs that come with new tyres and I've settled with 31.5psi for my 175/50 's

Trial and error will see you through

U

UCANWITHANISSAN

I was running 165/65/13 on the front and 175/65/13 on the rears with no rubbing at all, even with full load! mind you I did rip the rear mudflaps off as they were a right pain and an eye-sore!! have just replaced them with FOX-R1 with 195/45/15 Hancook Prime.. Front arches were fine, no probs at all! Rear arches were a diff ball game... soon as i pulled away it was rubbing like hell! after grining away the arches i realised its the little crappy strip in the rear arch that was rubbing!:doh:

All is well now though... no rubbing with a full load, tried and tested!

is it true that you cant adjust the camber on K10's? (according to techie at local garage....)

PS car is lowered with cobra springs (35mm) :laugh:

Tez

Hi Folks,

I've done a search to see what size standard micra tyres (with a 13" rim) should be- and everyone seems agreed on 155/70/13. Is that right?

For those who have stuck with 13's and want more width, what sizes have you all gone for and is there any rubbing etc? Want to lower eventually too (about 35mm).

I quite fancy a set of 165/65/13 to add a bit of width, so it looks a bit better really!

I'd love a set of these in white, the only trouble is that they only seem to make 13" rims at the moment, I'd want 14" preferably or 15" if they weren't available, I had a set of 10"x7" on my old red Mini, they looked well smart, real 'old skool' fwn

I did a bit of looking around and you can get 195/55x13s, they have the same circumference as 155/70x13s so shouldn't affect performance or rub the arches, they will fit on rim width 5.5"-7". I'm not sure what size Kristian had on his wide arch, but they were WIDE 13"s.