Tyre size comparison

Hi Guys, sorry if this has been done to death previously but couldn't find definitive answer in the search.

With the original micra size being 175/60/15 (odd profile and therefore can be expensive) looking at different tyres profile to make it cheaper. Obviously we all know when changing tyre size most website recommend no greater than a +/- 2.5% difference in rolling diameter. (185/55/15 -1.1% / 185/60/15 +2.0% 195/55/15 + 0.8% )

So how is it that Nissan themselves on the tyre pressure sticker on the door also recommend 175/65/15? as this profile is +3.0% and therefore outside most tyre site recommendations?

Both mine and my wifes K12's need tyres soon. Originally her's has standard size but my dci is running 175/65 profile, not sure if standard on this model or they were put on by previous owner being cheaper than 175/60 .

I would imagine all the dash binnacles would be the same and not calibrated differently between models to cater for the different profiles? Would be good if anyone knows for sure.

Thanks

I changed my wifes up from /60 to /65 at the advice of a tyre dealer as he said I would have a better choice and hence also better priced..What I did notice straight away was a big difference in road noise ...far less with the /65..hope this helps...no noticable change in economy either

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
Which K12s do you have? When i got my dCi 86 it had steels which I immediately replaced with Nissan 15" alloys. They officially take 175/65 15 tyres.

Both running standard steels, 1.2 is on 175/60 and dci is on 175/65. Both cars have exactly the same door jam tyre pressure sticker suggesting either size.