Types Lowering Springs

M

Mulbers

Thinking about lowering my k10, wanted to know if you can use lowering springs from other car. If so which ones would fit.
Maybe a daft question, but this is an area im lacking in knowlage.

Cheers

i have never tried but always thought nova srings may fit.... but you can but them off the shelf so you may as well get micra ones

does anone know the standard spring rate compared to the aftermarket lowered spring rate?

nope, but i can vouch that APEX springs with monroe radialmatic shocks is a very effective combination.

PI -35mm lowering springs with boge gas turbo shocks is also a good setup.

Kev

Ive currently got Aktiv springs on Boge shocks and they're awesome - very stiff so the handling is great, however they're a bit noisy.. so tomorrow im getting Spax springs fitted with the same shocks.

Bought the springs from Demon Tweeks using the official members discount

Arnold

The reason I was asking is because I was looking for a cheaper way of lowering it. I see a lot of lowering springs and dampers on ebay for other cars cheap. But of course, not for a K10.

On Demon Tweeks when it refers to a price, im presuming that is for just the one, not front and/or back?

How much, if you don’t mind me asking, did it cost you guys to lower your K10s?

Cheers

The Demon ones are for the full set, and including the msc discount and delivery, i think it came to £95.

My previous ones were aktiv ones which i bought off Ebay! Cant remember how much but alot cheaper than the demon tweeks ones

Arnold

Just the springs. My car already had boge shocks when i bought it 2 years back, and they're still in mint condition.

Ah right. I cant just put the lower springs on it can i? the handling would be crap or is that not the case?

Several things increase the handling really.. Ideally you need decent shocks to go with the springs, and having wider tyres & a strut brace will increase the handling too.

I've got the lot which is why mine feels so great, but to me, the strut brace made the biggest difference to the handling

Arnold

wider tyres do not always improve handling esp in wet conditions, the reason car manufactures put narrow tyres on as standard is cos they disperse water quicker and there for are better in most condtions ;) lower profile tyres can help as the tyre rolls less but tbh its personal prefrance :D

People get sea sick in mine. I fitted new front shocks a few months ago (the nut on the top holding it all together was a right pig to get off, ended up drilling the centre out of it, the hefty chisel and hammer helped afterwards) so i don’t really want to spend too much on new shocks.

I’ve had a look round for strut braces but none, as usual, for a K10.What type are the ones you guys have fitted? and where did you get them from? Will this stop most of the body roll?

Cheers

im 99.9% sure that the figaro strut brace will fit without any modding but i need to speak to a mate to see if i can borrow one to see if it fits

Just had a look for a figaro strut brace, £88 +p&p. Would you say thats a lot? Asked another seller who supplies K11 braces if they do K10 ones to. Fingers crossed.

I imported one from Japan! An adjustable one designed for the K10. Cost three figures but definitly worth it imo!

oooo.ouchy. Afraid as much as i would like to be able to spend that much i cant. was looking about 40-50, i know, im tight. ha ha.

does it stop it from rolling completly?

Basically, if i didnt have my super s seats, id be out the door the way i can go round corners now! The force is practically throwing me through the door and into the road.

Adding a strut brace made the biggest improvement, but it really does help to have all the other enhancements too. A strut brace crap tyres & springs will still send you skating across the road! I've got toyo proxies tyres which are also the best tyres ive owned.

The only problem ive now got with having everything so stiff and working together is if you hit a pot hole, the car will change direction! E.g. If you're driving straight, it will suddenly jump in the direction of the hole and starting drifting left or right. You've really gotta fight to keep it in a straight line! Even more worrying is when you hit a dip in the road, you jump out your seat and your head hits the roof of the car!!

Apart from personal injury whilst driving lol, i'd recommend getting everything done to anyone who wants to make driving a bit more fun / thrilling! The number of cars you can over take round corners is unreal :)

look at other modles to see if the turrets are in ths same place you may be able to redrill the bracket to make it fit. i heard of this being done with a nova one. whihc would be alot cheaper and easy to get hold of

some(not all) k11 strut braces will fit if the holes are redrilled, also if the top caps from the k10 are put onto k11 front shocks they fit the k10, tbh i think they use the same front shocks but maybe its possiable to get higher rated k11 front shocks ajustable coilovers or something like that.

Mat :D

I've just got hold of a strut brace last week, paid 15quid and it fits perfect, its not off a nissan though

Nope its off another car with the holes drilled, doesnt fit with my new manifold though :( so will have to take it off when I put that on.

i've got spax springs on mine with KYB gas shocks and the 1.2 antiroll bar on standard wheels/tyres, it handles like a go cart :D

any nova brace will fit chaps the model doesnt matter as the struts are in the same place on all of them, k11 braces will also fit but not all of them! as some stop the bonnet closing, but then saying that the k10 one i had didnt fit with out modification

that one should do fine mate, should be able to pick these up stupidly cheap id recomend checking on mig web and other nova forums :D

although the end pieces on the strut brace MUST be full circles half cirlces wont work as the bolts on the k10 won't line up

How do you know they all fit Speedle? Have you tried every nova brace on a micra?

also mine is also not a full circle it is a half and does fit.

well unless the car has been in a severe accident the top struts are in the same place on all nova's common sense approach would say to me that some changes might be need but i see no reason why any of them wont fit as long as the bar is flat and resonably straight it will fit fine and yes i have tried several as i have many chav mates with nova's bless em

also the strut will be more effect full circle than half

Seems like ill be going with the nova brace then.

It was mentioned that the nova springs would also fit possibly.
how about these. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/P-I-LOWERING-...ryZ40192QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It says it will lower the some by 50mm and others by 60mm, anyone know what it will do to a Micra? If i get these it will mean getting new shocks as well though. Costing lots. Decisions decisions.

Im going to have to decide wether or not i want to start spending more money on the car than its worth. HELP

I just kept wondering... I know a lot of cars, but I only knew one nova, and that was the chevy nova... Turns out, I'm from belgium and the vauxhall nova (now I know this) you guys are referring to, is called an opel corsa in the rest of the world :p

you can get them on ebay for about £30 new mate ;) which i think is a bargain get one with full circle ends and it will have more strength and put less strain on the bolts holding it in, they sheer very easily so i found out lol

Back