Turbo'ing MA12 using MA10ET parts.

Elliot

Ex. Club Member
Hi,

Whilst at work today, I had a thought of using MA10ET parts to turbo an MA12/MA10.

I would obviously need the MA10ET inlet manifold, exhaust manifold, turbo, headgasket, and possibly a custom front pipe making up, and also putting in a NISMO K11 clutch. :)

Any thoughts?

-Elliot

T

thacreeper

Thing is, getting the MA10ET parts would be pretty expensive.. What you could do for a bit of a laugh, if you had enough free time, and some capital.. Buy a figaro, rip everything out and stick a normal MA12 with auto box in there and sell it on for possibly not much less (obviously tell them its a non turbo conversion, but I would imagine most figaro owners wouldnt give a toss), then you have yourself lots of the bits for doing a turbo conversion for possibly not much money.. I think (think, not know) you can bolt on a regular ma10/12 flywheel, clutch and gearbox to the figaro block, so yeah, instant. Yeah, the clutch etc would probably not enjoy the extra torque, but it would be amusing to see it tried. Anyway, I might be stereotyping figaro owners a bit, but I wouldnt have thought they'd be that upset at the loss of 10bhp, I dunno, its more about the cuteness of the vehicle. I'm going to get flamed for this I'm sure.. :).

OP
OP
E

Elliot

Ex. Club Member
Hi guys,

I know about the fueling, oil feed to turbo etc...., but I just wanted to know if the MA10ET parts I listed would fit on the MA12 block. :)

lol, creeper... I suppose its a good idea, but don't have enough cash to spare to do it with keeping 2 cars going! o_O :D

-Elliot

S

Slim

theoretically they will do. MA12 inlet manufolds and exhaust manifolds are the same as MA10 ones, so as long as the MA10ET has the same ports you should be ok. Would be pretty cool on a MA12, just make sure you have a real strong head gasket

Andrew

Club Member
To be honest, it's not much more work getting any turbo and making up the pipework yourself. The Figaro engine is probably injected, and without taking the ECU and sensors, you won't be able to use this on the MA12. Doing all that, you are talking a lot of work, for so little gain.

Mark

Ex. Club Member
why dont you buy a figaro, and break it.

there worth a lot in parts, i've seen the cd player alone sell for like £500 on ebay,

keep engine and bits for a micra conversion