Turboing a K11

Ian

Ex. Club Member
I know a lot of you won't know me now, but I've been lurking..

Anyway, I'm about to move into my own home and I have a garage in this new place. So I've been thinking about projects and what to buy. Looking at all sorts. Then I thought "hmm K10 ST". However, fat chance finding one. So I'm thinking, maybe turbo a K11. How many members do we have on here now with turbo K11's?

Legends! Ive been trying to do it for bloody years haha, never get round to it. Going for an sr20 de long term project but in the meantime im going to build a ga16de k11. Can anyone shed any light on this gA ENGINE SWAP? CHEERA LADS
BEN

I just hope there's more off the shelf type kit now. Mainly the exhaust manifold, the rest I can do myself (oil, water etc). But that's for another topic when i've found a decent car. I think this will be my 6th micra!

Afraid not mostly home built stuff, I know a couple of people have got the HKS manifold including myself but they're are as rare as hens teeth

Same as about 6 years ago then, which is a shame. I'm sure I can do something now with my increased mechanical knowledge and money :)

weldels

Same as about 6 years ago then, which is a shame. I'm sure I can do something now with my increased mechanical knowledge and money :)

Hey lads when I looked into this years ago I found some thing called Weld Els. They are easy sections u can weld together to make a tubular manifold, from usa. Google it might be what u need.

It's always an option, but i'd prefer to get the manifold first then get the car. No point in getting the car if I can't turbo it. I'm buying a welder though, so I could just put the turbo on the standard manifold. I know kristian did that and got 160bhp? More then enough for fun.

hi can anyone help me just wondering if a nissan figaro 1.0 turbo engine will fit in my k11 micra or will i need to do modifications ???

cheers luc

yeah cheers just been reading in to it and their based on the k10 not the k11 witch i though they were nether mind whats the easiest way to turbo a 1,0 l then ??

I dont think there is an easiest way, I would love to turbo mine, but im trying to gather more info from reading things on here, from what i gathered I pretty much know the parts I would need to do it but its something you have to play around with either way, so im waiting til I have the money then i might actually consider giving it a go

Honestly its simple to do a turbo build. Youve just got to be good with measuring/cutting/grinding/welding(this part i pay for) theres not much to source or money to spend if you want full boost (5psi) at 2500rpm

I can do all the above, but i was expecting to be spending between £1000 and £1500 from looking at what people have been selling turbo kits for on here, I still dont fancy doing it yet, I want to make sure its fully reliable as standard before I start turbo'ing AND it would probably be a massive increase on my insurance :/

Most people over price what they're selling, half the time the turbo is ****ed and the kit is incomplete or just plain useless

My old turbo kit and turbo engine was good condition, full custom exhaust aswell sold for £800. I refused to break it, from what i know the kit is still together so in a way it makes me happy :) this time i am finishing what i should have a long time ago

If i had the money I would have bought it at £800 i think thats quite a good price, but what do you mean by finishing what you should have?

Thats the challenge with doing budget turbo builds.... you need to be prepared to melt some pistons and blow some engines like a man!

Mybudget build (if and when i get to it! got a baby in the way and need to get the other half a car first), i will prob go for low power first, then increase once ive bought stronger internals etc! As fun as it would be to increase psi and melt pistons or blow the engine, it is my daily runner so dont want to go down that route if i can help it!

Back