• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Turbo pistons advice

Hello guys. Can anyone help me with an advice or idea....I want to turbo my 1.0 l engine, I already get the 1.3 pistons, conrods and crankshaft to swap them in the 1.0 l block. Can you tell me if I can put anothers pistons in this block to handle better the turbo boost? I know that I can put two headgaskets and all of that, but I'm afraid that one of the piston it will crack on the track.P.S. - I need to do this because I'm going to drag races....

Nowadays you don't need to lower the compression ratio really, as everything can be managed by mapping correctly. Forged pistons are expensive for the cg engine if you still want more robust internals. As for drag racing, hmmm, for fun maybe, but its not the right car for it really. 140bhp will give you a quick track car and should also be reliable.

Sent from my Nexus 7 3G using Tapatalk

I ran my 1.0 at half a bar on stock block and internals and I'm going to do it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
tnsk
+1 on the corsa pistons (pre twinport) but for drag racing you may be better to keep it shortstroke 1.0
I know that u made a lot of changes at ur engine. I want to go turbo. It;s better with 1.0 or 1.3 engine? I have a turbo from a Fiat Albea--120hp. I think that will do the job for me...

frank

Club Member
I know that u made a lot of changes at ur engine. I want to go turbo. It;s better with 1.0 or 1.3 engine? I have a turbo from a Fiat Albea--120hp. I think that will do the job for me...
what model turbo is it mate ? and depending on what management you use the 1.0 may produce more hp

OP
OP
tnsk

Attachments

• 06681438993130.jpg
    06681438993130.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 242
  • 06681438993130.jpg
    06681438993130.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 237