Turbo on a 1.0

Anto Modded

Ex. Club Member
Is it possible to put a turbo on a 1.0 16v micra. If so is there any websites where i can buy one online. Any help would be great

Yea - you can turbo it, and its been done before, but as said before, i'd spend the money on turbo'ing the 1.3, much better engine :)

Anto Modded said:
Just think it would be something different. Not many 1.3 micra's over here
Not good, but if you're really interested in a turbo then the cost of just the 1.3 engine on top of a turbo would be worth it.
If you watch eBay there's a 1L turbo micra that doesn't seem to be selling, I've seen it twice so far.

i might keep an eye out for another while and see if and 1.3's come up for sale. A 1.3 would be nice with a turbo on it but if i dont find one ill stick with putting a turbo on the 1.o . Dont want to get into engine transplants. Done it with 2 fiesta's before and that was enough.

IVI should be able to get you a 1.3 engine, give them a call on 01-4500011, their situated just off the longmile road. They will supply and fit...

Also mite be worth giving these a shout, i used them before for my old micra's engine. I supplied the engine but they should be able to find you a CG13 easily enough, 014265955, theyre in red cow side of ballymount...

Cheers Kev. Fitting is no problem as the father is a mechanic. Is there a site where i can purchase a turbo for either a 1.1 or a 1.3 that i can get the father to fit.

Yeah there is actually, seen it on some american site, they do bolt on turbos, im sure i seen one for the CG13, ill do a search and see if i can find it again....

I think Ed's E-manage box has almost exactly the same message on the side IIRC, how would the police be able to tell you're using a piggy-back ECU exactly? :upside:

If you put the sticker that comes with it in your window :p
A 1l turbo would be cool, maybe even more reliable than a 1.3 but you need really to get a new headgasket, which doenst come in that kit if you are going to be running a fair amount of boost...

Back