Turbo Oil Feed In Cylinder Head. Help Please

I am in the process of a turbo conversion, i have a fitting which is 1/8 bsp also it looks tapered so im thinking its bspt. But it wont fit inside the oil gallery hole in the head, too big. Is it common practice to drill and tap before they fit or am I using the wrong fitting here.

SirChris

Educated Bodger
I am in the process of a turbo conversion, i have a fitting which is 1/8 bsp also it looks tapered so im thinking its bspt. But it wont fit inside the oil gallery hole in the head, too big. Is it common practice to drill and tap before they fit or am I using the wrong fitting here.
Wrong fitting mate. You don't need to drill and tap I can't remember what mine is.

frank

Club Member
sounds like you have an npt fitting GAD, they,re about half a mm bigger than bspt :)

Well heres the thing. I bought another speedflow fitting. Which was quoted as being an npt fitting. Went straight in, hasnt leaked at all. dafuq??