turbo manifold help

hi, i have a 1.3 16v engine (k11) in my mini, i want to turbo charge it, lookng at t25, intercooler and associated mods. what i need help with is making the manifold, because its in a mini none of the 'standard' designs will fit, i am very experienced in brazing and have now started mig welding, but i'm not sure of what tubing and bends to use and where to get them from, i can design and weld the manifold if i know where to get the materials from any pointers and links will be appreciated. cheers

frank

Club Member
mine just replaces the 1st cat, cant you fit one like this ?

72737.jpg

to be honest prob not, the cat has been removed, but the flange from manifold to cat is about 2" from the front of the car, i might have to go sideways with the turbo at the dizzy end :

frank

Club Member
you could twist it round so that the tubby inlet points towards the g/box tho eh (or the alt it you,ve mounted the alt elswere ?
or else rear mounted turbo,s have been done many times eh (with a scavenge pump)

i need to get the turbo first so i can hold it in place and see where it fits, but will almost certainly need to fabricate the manifold, looked into modding the cast one but heard lots of horror stories about the cast cracking so was thinking mild steel, just don't know where toget it, i'm assuming normal exhaust tubing will not be up to the job!!!!! might be wrong though lol