Turbo k11 1.0 help

Right guys, after meeting magic frank I decided I'm going to turbo the banana, on my shopping list so far I have got
Garett gt15
Almera 1.5 injectors with fuel rail
Oil lines for turbo
Boost gauge

Going to hunt round for a manifold today then get it all welded up.

My main thing running through my head is compression as I do 55 miles a day to work and back so I need something reliable

What safe boost can I put without blowing things,?
Would anyone recommend new thicker head gasket to lower compression? And if so where can I get one?
Will my pistons be OK?
And finally of course what bhp gains am I talking maximum? On a 1.0
Bare in mind I don't mind spending money and doing things right but I'm not loaded as I have a Micra haha. Just kidding guys

Cams.... Will mine be fine or shall I run 1.3 cams?
Literally any help guys I will be much appreciated and I can't thank frank enough for all the questions I've already thrown at him.
Also I don't want it to thirsty in steady driving so want similar setup to such as vtec so full throttle is full power with the fuel guzzling gains,

In my head now and speaking to a few ford freaks they have said don't run no more than 12 with standard components? But your all the experts.
Cheers

Attachments

• 1393410527086.jpg
    1393410527086.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 527
Last edited by a moderator:

mas12555

Rare parts nerd #JDM
Jason put 1.3 pistons in his one litre turbo to lower comprision. It was a right screamer had about 130hp.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 2

frank

Club Member
In my head now and speaking to a few ford freaks they have said don't run no more than 12 with standard components? But your all the experts.
Cheers

you can run 12psi no probs if its nistuned mate :) the crucial part is the sparkmap (explained in this thread http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/apexi-s-afc.56206/) the stock map is pretty aggressive, and thats the main cause of the ringlands and head gaskets letting go, from DET, ed alters the sparkmap so that it pulls about 30 to 40 deg of retard under full load (baguete runs higher boost levels and pulls FAR more retard than that !)
i believe stani ran a more aggressive map when he did his 14.3 quarter mile run (and probably gained 20hp) but that is pretty risky tho :)