Turbo Gauges

ollie240585

Ex. Club Member
This is probably more specific to people like Ed, Kristian, Dave Bull, and anyone else with Turbo Gauges.

Looking at getting a 3 pod gauge holder for my turbo, what dials would you say are the most useful?

As said above looking at a 3 pod holder. Obviously I will want a boost gauge.

My 2nd and third choices i was contemplating Oil pressure and AFR (air fuel ratio).

I know theres water temperature, and oil temperature gauges out there too.

I'd just like to know whats the best gauges to get to read how a turbo engine is running?

Many Thanks Guys

Oz

What Fordy Said..

and... Needle gauges as oppose to digital ones are best..

and.. regarding the Boost Gauge, use somthing appropriate.. dont have a gauge that measues up to 2.5 Bar or anything if your running less than 10psi..

.. having a gauge that maxes out at 1bar ( 15psi ) would give a more readable output at a quick glance..

Currently have a gauge measuring up to 2 bar, which is hard to read accurately at a quick glance.

Will only be running 1 bar max, probably closer to 0.7 - 0.8 bar.

So will look for a 1 bar gauge, wanted dials anyway, in an 80s car i think analogue gauges will suit better than digital ones anyway.

cheers guys.

To be honest although gauges are good your unlikely to look at them if a problem occours so its better to get gauges with a peak recall, then you can at least see if something happend that shouldn't, although they are allot more expensive.

AFR/Oil/Boost are a good combination of the standard set of gauges, youll be ok with them.

Back