turbo exhaust

Alexx117

STI
Club Member
you could just go for a full stainless system, then at mot time swap back to your old one with the 1st cat only which should pass.

OP
OP
micras69

micras69

Deactivated Account
all the money im spending i dont realy want to be changeing it all the time plus what if i get stoped and tested on the road side?

the first cat is on the manifold though? And as he's running a turbo setup theres alot of differences. Space would be one problem im guessing:p

Alexx117

STI
Club Member
personally i would run it decatted with a few silencers in between before the back box to reduce the noise and risk of getting pulled, and swapping over the manifold is only once a year :p

frank

Club Member
it would be a mission getting it through the emissions if its fuelled/mapped for the turbo and you take the turbo and manifold off for the mot :eek:.
some members say they got a pass with the 2nd cat only (if you rag it first to warm it up)
i would keep the 2nd cat and heatwrap it personally :)

Alienfish360

Awesome Dawson
high flow cats are only 200 or so.
A properly mapped car should pass with one cat, the cat isn't stealing that much power. You definately wouldn't notice, and you won't have anyway of timing the difference on a 0-60.

There's little point in running an illegal car for no gain.

OP
OP
micras69

micras69

Deactivated Account
so i think i will go with a high flow sports cat and back box, police arnt that fused about loudness of exhaust noise around hea (Y) cheers for the info folks!

Retepetsir

King of Subsonic
so i think i will go with a high flow sports cat and back box, police arnt that fused about loudness of exhaust noise around hea (Y) cheers for the info folks!

Yep that will be fine. Get the car mapped properly and it'll pass on one cat (mine does although it's a tuned N/A).

micra_pete

Ex. Club Member
I'd go for a 2/2.5" system with a CAT in the location of the standard second one. One K11 owner I know uses a gtir CAT on a 2.5" system (with appropriate engine management) and passes his MOT no problem.

For info, a turbo will almost always IMPROVE/REDUCE emissions, not make them worse. A too lean mixture is not always good for emissions.

Also I am unsure how a "top mount" turbo would allow you to use the standard first cat? And i personally wouldn't want to remove a turbo system at MOT time!!