Turbo exhaust mani design

Obviously I'm no expert, but ..... there's a Company I came across, that manufactures a Turbo Conversion Kit that is installed by the rear silencer box on an exhaust pipe.
So I don't suppose having the Turbo 14 inches from the Head is too much of a problem ??

Looking good for a DIY jobbie !

Thanks!

Yeah, did see these, and a few completed projects, I'd imagine a long spool up time!

where did I read that a long distance between exhust mani and turbo helps stop DET?
not heard that myself, its gonna lose a bit of heat energy from those primaries eh.
my understanding is most of the energy used to spin the turbine is the pressure difference before and after, and extra energy comes from the sonic waves and heat waves (tho Ed disagreed strongly with me a few years back as i recall lol :))

not heard that myself, its gonna lose a bit of heat energy from those primaries eh.
my understanding is most of the energy used to spin the turbine is the pressure difference before and after, and extra energy comes from the sonic waves and heat waves (tho Ed disagreed strongly with me a few years back as i recall lol :))

But the thickness off the pipe should held retain most off the heat surely?

Welded up and had a quick blast with the flap disc

Turbo flange comes tomorrow (apparently......eBay :( )

After iv got that on I'm going to get it sand/aluminium oxide blasted inside the tubes to get any burrs left in there removed, and on outside to even it all up and look all pretty and shiny and new :D

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352826280.430807.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352826298.511346.jpg

Right, after changing last manifold to this:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361213332.812324.jpg

To save space in engine bay, the car runs really badly, even worse than before :(

Is this creating to much back pressure?

Right, after changing last manifold to this:

View attachment 21869

To save space in engine bay, the car runs really badly, even worse than before :(

Is this creating to much back pressure?
nah, it wont make any difference neil, i think you need to get it running properly without boost first personally, then slowly increase it

No boost on yet mate, still not plumbed turbo into carbs.

All I've done is change exhaust manifold, now it really struggles

that mani is no different to a stock one tho really mate, probably a carb fault ?
cant you try boosting a stock carb ?

Back