turbo build

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes thanks for that Polly I have checked as frank said it's ok aswell and took hg off and looks shiny no gummy or sticky seals, I would give a good clean up and then install the gasket, For fuel I will use Almera gti pump as it's a swap and it can take 250 bhp so that's ok,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

one thing I didn't do and forgot all about it, I didn't mark the inlet or exsaust cams, i took off the 22mm bolt off the exsaust cam and the idle pully bolt off and the cams popped opened? Is that a problem when refitting it? And how would I know where to start and how to make sure it won't bend my valves ?

one thing I didn't do and forgot all about it, I didn't mark the inlet or exsaust cams, i took off the 22mm bolt off the exsaust cam and the idle pully bolt off and the cams popped opened? Is that a problem when refitting it? And how would I know where to start and how to make sure it won't bend my valves ?

Tighten the cam carriers down in the order from the manual and you'll be fine you won't bend a valve so long as ur timings right

I understand the manual bit but I mean I took the full bolt out the cam and it may not be lined up? Or does it go in a dowel bit on the cam end ?

Meaning it will auto be lined up when it goes in the dowels of the cams and it will be fine just going threw micra manual now then ?

What is forums about you need air compress on the cams or something ? I don't get it ?

That might be referring to the cam sprocket bolt being tight and using an air gun to undo them? im not sure.

A decent socket set, a 10mm allen, an angle gauge and a breaker bar should see you right

Azzy, mrcheese is correct. It's the VVT sprocket on the K12 engine that needs compressed air. K11 is standard cam pulleys :).

Ok today I have picked up my flywheel guessing it's for the 1.3 dizzy ?
nynyjy6y.jpg
e6e2ajy7.jpg

that's fine Polly will it need a skim ? Can't I just clean it up with wet sand papper

If you don't skim you'll shred the clutch material and your clutch contact will be minimal and you'll not be able to put much power through it...

How can I tell frank coz theses scrappy ppl don't know there flywheel they just gave it saying it's from a 1.3

In the first pic you uploaded you can see a slight imprint/recess.

I would guess measure that across the middle. A few mm out shouldn't matter :)

Ok moving on to fitting the timing chain, I have checked seems the idler sprocket doesn't matter where I mark it up as long as I follow the link numbers, and the bottom timing chain I haven't took off yet as I thought it don't need to come off, and it's holding the upper chain by the idler sprocket, how will I fit it back on it's really right ? Without the chain tensioner

Chain tensioner on lower chain may have pushed out???? Dont really understand.

Ill check tomoz but I should have a flywheel for a pre-facelift 1.3..... unless its been chucked out by someone else.

I don't know which cg13de model my engines off it's a auto close deck block, frank will know better which one I need, as I need the fly wheel to fit mines then will find a Micra to fit it all in ?

Chain tensioner on lower chain may have pushed out???? Dont really understand.

Ill check tomoz but I should have a flywheel for a pre-facelift 1.3..... unless its been chucked out by someone else.
I have not took the bottom timing off but the upper is off and fitting it on without idler sprocket marks on it's hard and tight fit unless there is a easy way round it ?

Frank can you tell me what Micra model I need to get my engine to fit in? Is it stani micra model or pollyp

You can fit it in a 1.3 pre facelift, A 1.0 non coilpack facelift and a 1.3 non coilpack facelift (all though I think I'm right in saying there was no 1.3 coilpack because the introduced the 1.4 coilpack?)

You can fit it in a 1.3 pre facelift, A 1.0 non coilpack facelift and a 1.3 non coilpack facelift (all though I think I'm right in saying there was no 1.3 coilpack because the introduced the 1.4 coilpack?)
I mean will my engine bolt on by using for example Micra Ecu and the shafts ? With my auto engine with 1.3 fly and gearbox ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back