Turbo 1.3 K11 interest

Hi, new to the forum.

I wanted to see if people are still interested in turbo charging micras. I'm looking to sell mine soon. It's currently off road and does need a little work doing to it to get it back on the road again. Bottom line it is a '96 reg, huge spec turbo micra 1.3 K11. Last mapping session at fusion came up just shy of 200BHP but will go much further :). Forged pistons, forged rods, balanced crank etc etc. Just seeing if there's even a market for this anymore. Seems like all the discussion has died. Although considering the age of these cars I'm not surprised. If anyone wants to point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it thanks.

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
There are plenty of people interested in turbocharging MIcras but almost everyone is on a shoestring budget.

I wasn't aware Ed had mapped another forged build. I'm curious simply for that fact alone :)

I can honestly say that selling it is likely to be a bit of a minefield unfortunately. It's not impossible but very few cars are sold whole and are usually broken to the vultures for peanuts.

Hi,

I don't really have the time to strip it, but would be willing to get it through an MOT to widen my potential field of interest lol :) The map was done years ago. Had a few sessions with Ed but its a bit of a trek down there. wanting to sell it really this side of 2017. Big spec ;-)

pollyp

Club Member
aye I've been to Ed afew times for remapping and tis quite a trip for me from north east but worth it in the end.
will be interesting to see the specs and how the setup was executed

52226b7d74ebe0d343d9353a20517ee0.jpg
c78761776c8c3a0142ad87b2cd44c671.jpg
312d544289449247da85d6947e357421.jpg
d3feaae9bf67b5649c027d9f217ba320.jpg

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
Look lile PAR rods and I always wondered what happened to that manifold, divorced elbow and downpipe in the end ;)

Maybe you don't then lol... I acquired the mandrel bent manifold and down pipe (Quote from many as a "work of art!") from a guy known as Cisco in Australia years ago. They have never left under my bonnet since :)

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
Maybe you don't then lol... I acquired the mandrel bent manifold and down pipe (Quote from many as a "work of art!") from a guy known as Cisco in Australia years ago. They have never left under my bonnet since :)

Yes, they were from Aaron's K11 prior to him re-building it again with a slightly different setup. It's great to see it being used, I had a nasty feeling it had fallen into the ether never to be seen again.

The reference to K11stew is to this car, of which some parts may look familiar :)

DSC_0092.jpg

You mean before cisco? Cisco had them custom made for his 'blue monster' im the only other owner of this manifold. Anyway getting back to it what you guys recon regarding putting a value on it. Could do with a 'as seen value' and a 'on road value' I'll post a full spec sheet later if people are interested :)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
Yes, Aaron, aka Cisco. Nevermind ;)

It will entirely depend on the general condition of the car, (rust, dings etc) the full spec, who built it etc. A dyno print out will also help you loads, especially if big spec.

mas12555

Rare parts nerd #JDM
personally needs proof of mapping at fusion receipt etc, dynograph, would like to get a camera into the bores to prove its forged etc. after all that probably only looking at 2-2.5k if all looks good.

Proof lol and cameras....feel free. I've got enough pics of the build and i recon i could dig up a dyno run from ed....its a while ago but he will remember it. Think at the time it made around 180ish bhp. Infact I've pics of it at eds and on the dyno :) i could probably provide geographical coordinates and also get some blood works to you aswel to prove my case lol :)
Joking mate...if i was buying id want same info.

mas12555

Rare parts nerd #JDM
Proof lol and cameras....feel free. I've got enough pics of the build and i recon i could dig up a dyno run from ed....its a while ago but he will remember it. Think at the time it made around 180ish bhp. Infact I've pics of it at eds and on the dyno :) i could probably provide geographical coordinates and also get some blood works to you aswel to prove my case lol :)
Joking mate...if i was buying id want same info.

I know it sounds extreme mate but builds like this are hard to come by. The more proof you got to prove that its a solid build the more you can ask.

I would just drive it...if I liked it - I'd buy it.
One on here a few years back, blue, and very nice looking motor went for £3.5k iirc.

Micra K11 1.3 Turbo

Originally a ‘96 Nissan Micra 1.0L Vibe (colour - Gold)

Engine Spec:

· Engine swapped to a low mileage 1.3

· Cylinders made 1mm over bore (1275cc to 1311cc) and honed

· Head skimmed

· Polished and balanced crank

· Arias Custom forged piston set 1mm overbore (inc rings, pins and locks)

· Crower custom forged rods, stock length

· Uprated ARP Head studs

· Replacement main bearings

· Replacement big end bearings

· Replacement thrust bearing

· Replacement water pump

· Replacement full engine gasket set

· Custom made 1.6mm head gasket

· Custom set 8 Ferriday sealing rings

· Custom valve shims

· Greddy iridium spark plugs

· High performance HT leads

· SFS Coolant + breather hose kit (Blue)

· Lightened flywheel. Approx. 4kg

· Uprated clutch plate + disk

Turbo Mods and fuelling Spec:

· Garret T25 Turbocharger

· Custom turbo induction and modified MAF hosing

· Custom exhaust manifold

· Custom exhaust downpipe

· Custom full 3” stainless steel mandrel bent exhaust system

· Custom oil feed (stainless steel braided hose)

· Custom oil return to modified oil sump

· Custom install - Oil cooler

· Uprated twin core radiator

· Custom intercooler (inc pipework + Samco hoses)

· Blitz dump valve

· SR20DET Throttle body (custom adapter plate)

· Custom fuel rail

· Top feed 440cc injectors (SR20DET)

· Walbro 255lph uprated fuel pump (uprated wiring)

· Replacement fuel filter

Electronics, ICE, Interior:

· ECU – Running Nistune mapped by Ed at Fusion Motorsports

· In car gauges – boost, oil temps, water temp, oil pressure, volts, Tachometer/rev counter

· Blitz Dual-SBC boost controller

· Clarion 468 head unit

· Nesa vision DVD player

· Modified sun visors, integrated Nesa vision screens for DVD player

· Clifford Avantguard G5 Alarm with remote start

· Custom boot build:

· X2 Dragster 12” DWE 226 Subs

· X2 Custom made sub enclosures

· Custom made false floor

· Dragster audio art 4 channel front speaker amplifier

· Dragster audio art 4 channel DA704 Sub amplifier

· Dragster audio art front speakers + tweeters

· Dragster audio art power cap DP702

· Reupholstered rear seat, black leatherette with white piping

· Rage bucket seats

· Steering wheel, gear stick, handbrake and pedals all non-original

· Back 3 windows tinted

· Various interior plastics sprayed black

Suspension, brakes, wheels, chassis and exterior:

· Respray - Polar white

· Doors De locked

· De badged

· Rear wiper removed

· Golf headlight conversion

· Replaced cross member, adjusted and modified for headlight conversion

· LED taillight conversion

· Super S front + read bumpers

· Modified front grill

· Bad boy bonnet

· Fitted set of competition polyurethane engine mounts

· Wolf race Katana Alloy wheels 15”

· Tyres 195/45/R15

· Wolf race locking nuts

· Whiteline adjustable rear panhard rod

· Whiteline front strut brace

· Spax lower kit (springs + shock absorbers) drops car 55mm

· Pulsar break disks + callipers

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
I reckon you're looking somewhere around the £2.5k mark. Perhaps more if it's a solid shell, MOT'd and you've got a motivated buyer.

It can be a bit of a 'right place, right time' market though.....so, good luck :)

SirChris

Educated Bodger
In my opinion - 2k odd from someone as a whole car... You may struggle to get more for it. Its a hard crowd to sell to... micra people do not tend to have money. If not sold cheap, it will be have to be broken in to parts to get you good money.

frank

Club Member
its because its a "mass produced micra" basically, if 5k+ had been spent on a car with more kudos then it would hold its value (k10st, glanza or whatever) thats why chris and dave bought-not-built theirs :)
go on davyboy, buy it :)

its because its a "mass produced micra" basically, if 5k+ had been spent on a car with more kudos then it would hold its value (k10st, glanza or whatever) thats why chris and dave bought-not-built theirs :)
go on davyboy, buy it :)
Git on Frank - I'd kill myself in it, I'd think I was 18 again :)
What you trying to do - spend my pension money (?)
I would be sorely tempted if I did have a pop around the block in it, I'd get my money back on my first bet with a local speedster....he's dying to race me - but I keep him waiting...lol

SirChris

Educated Bodger
Git on Frank - I'd kill myself in it, I'd think I was 18 again :)
What you trying to do - spend my pension money (?)
I would be sorely tempted if I did have a pop around the block in it, I'd get my money back on my first bet with a local speedster....he's dying to race me - but I keep him waiting...lol
if you do pal, do some investigation, it is all risk, which can be navigated of course. They like blowing up, and I would not want you spending ur pension money on the car then even more money getting it built right. I meang both dave and I are still correcting the cars we bought!

Yi i totally get that mate :) if i get the sills welded and wired up the horn, got a new battery (all minor stuff) to get it through an mot then least i could get it road worthy :) just thinking about if its worth while or just selling as seen :) where are you 2 from with the turbo micras? Pm me if you want. If you've got a link to a build or anything id be interested in seeing it all :)

just had a look at Pollyp and sirchris micras. lovely motors :) alot of work has gone into those. really nice :)

I'm glad to see that there are some micras still out there running serious forced induction setups like these :) taking me back looking at those pics lol :)

pollyp

Club Member
just had a look at Pollyp and sirchris micras. lovely motors :) alot of work has gone into those. really nice :)

I'm glad to see that there are some micras still out there running serious forced induction setups like these :) taking me back looking at those pics lol :)

thanks m8, it's good to look back on how much we achieved and I'm like damn, alot has happened in this blog :)

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
if you do pal, do some investigation, it is all risk, which can be navigated of course. They like blowing up, and I would not want you spending ur pension money on the car then even more money getting it built right. I meang both dave and I are still correcting the cars we bought!

To be honest there wasn't really anything 'wrong' with mine. Most of the stuff I have done has just been to bring things up to my own standards and to try out some new kit/further the development.

I perhaps had the advantage of knowing the car on a fairly intimate level beforehand.

Antony

Ex. Club Member
Yes it did
Was my own fault as it was mapped for 10psi and i accidentally ran it at 18. Briefly.
Popped a ringland. But no catastrophic failures.
Rods crank head etc all fine.
Chocolate pistons kill k11 turbos

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thank you for the info buddy, but I won't buy it - to old buddy :(
If I wanted power I would go back to a Jaguar V8 supercharged ....I start dribbling when I think about that engine - but I don't know if it's my age doing it - or thinking about the Jag :rolleyes:

pollyp

Club Member
Thank you for the info buddy, but I won't buy it - to old buddy :(
If I wanted power I would go back to a Jaguar V8 supercharged ....I start dribbling when I think about that engine - but I don't know if it's my age doing it - or thinking about the Jag :rolleyes:

jaaaaaagmeme-553efe2322ff2.jpg

No... a very comfy 55mpg - lol
My last V12 did 13mpg if you took it easy :eek: put your foot down, and you were looking as low as 4 mpg o_O