Tuning the 160

Hello all, right I'm going to be honest, I was given my Micra by my dad, my car broke, he let me borrow the Micra, then I had it for so long he said keep it. Now as much as it got me out of a tough spot, the car wasn't me, I ordered the 50mm lowering springs for it because it needed a spring for MOT and I thought why not, then my dad also bought me a replacement spring so I didn't fit the lowering springs, they'd been sat on my kitchen table for a few months until Monday, I was bored and thought sod it, may as well fit them.
What can I say, the car is transformed, handling wise and visually, now I've got the bug to do a few other things, cat back exhaust is easy enough but where is every other mod, considering this engine is widely used there is sod all aftermarket parts, what a shame.
I'm tired of googling, I can't find anything, after ideas please.

Cheers Kai

Cheers mate, been through your blog.
Do you believe the claims for that SM remap, 127 seems quite a bit when nobody else seems to be doing it?

Cheers mate, been through your blog.
Do you believe the claims for that SM remap, 127 seems quite a bit when nobody else seems to be doing it?
With rear muffler, d.i.y air duct modification and K&N filter 119 ponies on engine...
I contacted to one UK company, they weren't too helpful. Maybe reason was lack of my Finglish skills... :rolleyes: ;)

Umagumma said he has 130 ponies on his, I would like to know secrets/cost to his modifications...;)

Have you ever come across any performance camshafts Mika?
From same engine Juke and Qashgai have higher ponypower and torque readings, might have something to do with camshafts?!:unsure::rolleyes:
Found this: Nissan HR16DE Engine
This sentence is interesting, I didn't know this: This engine is the same as MR20DE, just the displacement is less.
So would 2.0l engine be 'almost' straight swap...? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back