TTTTTTTTTTTAPPETS

k11 kid

Ex. Club Member
afternoon,

my engine seems to be tapping and had a friend (security at work) take a look and he reckons tappets, is this a simple non major thing or have i fcked it big style, is it easy to fix and roughly how much should i look at paying , he reckons they just need adjusting ? help

Mike:glance:

mike

I love Ed!!!!
Im guessing you have a k11 now and not a k10.

K11's dont have tappets, you noise is dependent on which model k11 you have. Models with a dizzy the noise would be down to cam shims while the later which have coil packs the noise would be down to the injection system on those models.

The later spec cars is not fixable while the earlier ones will cost you a around £100-£150 to replace the shims and all the other bits.

Mike

mike

I love Ed!!!!
The timing chain makes a rattling noise which is different noise to that the tappets make. The only thing on a k11 that makes thats noise to the best of my knowledge is the items i listed above.

Mike

S

Slim

all k11 have tappets, but they areshimmed ones, and its very unusual for them to make noise. Its more possible that A: your timing chain is on the way out or B: your cam(s) is knackered.

OP
OP
k11 kid

k11 kid

Ex. Club Member
ok urm scared now,

it only seems to make the noise ocasionally i think ill go get it checked at lunchtime down the nissan garage, cheers tho

Ian

Ex. Club Member
does it do it when it starts and it is cold? It could be big end bearings on their way out but i've never heard of this happening on a micra.

C

chie

thats a knocking ian and i think you`d know bout it if it was the big ends lol