transmission fluid.... and door locks.....

Firstly, I had no manula with my micra.

Done a few jobs on my other car today so while the tools where out, the micra went up on axle stand s to look at the gear linkage........ :glare:

Nothing seams a miss.

So next step i think ill change the tranny fluid, as it finds the gears, just dont always pop in....

how much trans fluid does the gearbox hold on a 997cc Micra s?

Also wheres the refill point? I found the drain fine!:ghostface:suspect:

NEXT job, drivers door lock has been vandelised while the previous owners had it. :glance:

Is it a hard job to change the lock set, and iff I change the lot, can I stick the transponder chip in the new key and have no immobiliser problems? fwn

Ta very much like for any help!

manual 5 speed job!

if it aint he fluid it may want a new box :wasntme:

goes into gear fine then every noy and then just dont go in any gear. Reverse crunches in.

Linkage has no real play in there, new clutch under 12 months ago.....

so try fluid next!

engine oil DOH lol Only just stuck 4 litres in my other car today lol

nah drain plug is underneath gearbox and fill hole is on front below battery tray (ish) when filling you need to fill until gear oil drips out of the fill hole this is then the correct level, you will need a quarter drive to remove fill plug......

I'm pretty positive that you refill the gear box oil from the plug you drain it from?

That dont sound right dude.... :wasntme:

nah drain plug is underneath gearbox and fill hole is on front below battery tray (ish) when filling you need to fill until gear oil drips out of the fill hole this is then the correct level, you will need a quarter drive to remove fill plug......

that sounds right! Cheers dude!

anyone know about the locks then?

NEXT job, drivers door lock has been vandelised while the previous owners had it. :glance:

Is it a hard job to change the lock set, and iff I change the lot, can I stick the transponder chip in the new key and have no immobiliser problems? fwn

Ta very much like for any help!
Not hard to change locks remove door cards and if i remember of hand you will need a 10mm socket to remove anti theft plate from around lock there are also some plastic clips around lock rods these turn then push off to free rods or rod from rear of lock, as for transponder chip well unless your changing the barrell as well just leave it, and just use seperate key to open drivers door...the chip could be easly damaged on removal then its a trip to nissan to have it all coded again

That dont sound right dude.... :wasntme:

that sounds right! Cheers dude!

anyone know about the locks then?

This is how I had to do it when I did my friend's clutch on his 106. The gear box oil bottle had a nipple on the top from which you squirt the oil up through the drain plug.

Damn it, I unscrewed the wrong plug... I was going to change the motor-oil, but now the car is out of transmission fluid. Well, the tranny fluid was a bit brownish, so it was probably time to change anyhow, but still, it's annoying.

I can't seem to find the refill hole for the transmission fluid though. Anyone got some tips? I checked around the battery holder, but without results...

If I start from the drain plug (which I obviously found:doh:) where do I go from there?

Thank you for any input.

Oh, the car is a K11 gasoline, manual box, from 1997.

fizzman, you have to take the speedo cable drive out on the pre98 1.0,s and fill it level with the cog :)

Ok, thank you. I'll try that tonight. Seems pretty complicated, I'm more used to motorcycle engines, where these things are so much easier to access.

Thank you for the info!

Ok, thank you. I'll try that tonight. Seems pretty complicated, I'm more used to motorcycle engines, where these things are so much easier to access.

Thank you for the info!

nah, it,s just a 10mm bolt, then pull the drive body out (2 minute job :grinning:)

Serious problems, spent hours today trying to pull the speedometer drive body out and it just wouldn't budge.

Kind of stuck now :(

Use 75w/90 semi-synthetic oil :)

Motor oil would be a bit thin I'd have thought!

A 5L container from the local motorfactors cost me £23 :). Buying 3 x 1L containers would have cost £20!

According to the Haynes manual the 1L box takes 2.5ish litres, the 1.3 box takes 3L.

Use 75w/90 semi-synthetic oil :)

Motor oil would be a bit thin I'd have thought!

A 5L container from the local motorfactors cost me £23 :). Buying 3 x 1L containers would have cost £20!

According to the Haynes manual the 1L box takes 2.5ish litres, the 1.3 box takes 3L.

spot on

Thanks for ansering my question before I asked... Now I know where the fill is on the tranny.. I went to the local auto store the otherday and they told me the tranny on a 1.0 (5 speed) holds 3.3L of 75-90 gear oil... They wanted 8 Euro for a .5L and I needed 7 of them, I told them I am not paying 8 Euros for .5L and haven't changed it yet... I want to really change that oil but not for that price! Ridiculous. Germany is so damn expensive! In America I can buy 80-90 gear oil for a couple of dollars for a liter. The Germans need to get wise and start wanting things cheaper. They just buy it and ##### at home, not me... I ##### and don't buy until I find the best price....

Back