Track Session Preparation

Hi all. Going to PPC next week and it will be my first time on a closed track. Does anyone have any major tips and hints that they could share to give me a hand or any little useful mods they found effective. Thanks in advance

Jody

Guessing that track days and rallies are fairly simmilar so..

Ensure you have enough petrol for the say (obvious but has happened... Lol)
Leave bonnet open in pits with engine running after your session
Have lots of drink (more tiring than you'd think)
Check tyre's before driving home, would suck to get stopped with dodgy tyres

Other than that i guess its mainly to try quite hard too not crash... Haha

"Posted by fairies"

Don't put your handbrake on when you come back to the pits :) just chock a wheel & leave it in gear

Check all your fluid levels coolant, brake fluid , oil before you set off

MaxK11C

Micraless
Social Brand Manager
I was going to say, be really careful of your breaks, watch they don't fade. Road cars have a habit of munching pads.

"Sent from my bed using paper planes"

MaxK11C

Micraless
Social Brand Manager
Also, don't push too hard... Saw three subaru's blow up at castle combe yesterday.. its not worth ruining your road car like that. Got a nice picture of a blown up Liberty if you wanna see it to discourage you...

MaxK11C

Micraless
Social Brand Manager
417920_263578347119692_271461157_n.jpg

Liberty goes boom. Shame. Was running well.

SirChris

Educated Bodger
Also, don't push too hard... Saw three subaru's blow up at castle combe yesterday.. its not worth ruining your road car like that. Got a nice picture of a blown up Liberty if you wanna see it to discourage you...

Go hard or go home max...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

SirChris

Educated Bodger
Apparently can weld the shoes to the drum/disintegrate
<b>SirChris said: </b><br />Why's that mate?<br />Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
<br /> <br />Same as Motty said mate, the shoes &amp; drums once real hot can bind on if you stick the handbrake on :confused:
Sounds like a right laugh guys we should try it!

<br /> <br />Same as Motty said mate, the shoes &amp; drums once real hot can bind on if you stick the handbrake on :confused:
Sounds like a right laugh guys we should try it!

Well you do have a spare drum axle...

Sent by umpalumpas on a very small horse.

That's a possibility... :p would be interesting to test the theory though.

On a helpful note check out the bias adapter on the rear motty, you're probably low enough that it'll lock up the rear first and throw you sideways. Mine did it on Saturday when I tested that theory lol

Sent by umpalumpas on a very small horse.

Harlen

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Supporter
I was going to say, be really careful of your breaks, watch they don't fade. Road cars have a habit of munching pads.

Can confirm that with spirited road driving, my stock ****e brakes fade after about 4 hard corners... Not good.

MaxK11C

Micraless
Social Brand Manager
If you do see smoke, or whatever stop NEAR a marshals point, so they don't have to run after you for five miniutes while the cars on fire.

Harlen

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Supporter
there are only 2 braking points at mallory really harlen, just bin the splitter and get some fresh air around the brakes :)
Good point!

I'm thinking about getting some cold air ducts made up from the bumper to the brakes, worth a shot I reckon :)

Maybe I could make something like this up using the slots in my splitter - because, although I do love going fast... I adore the way it looks at the front :D

Gotta push the car or there's no point doing a session. Just gotta remember your car isn't a car and to stick to your own limits and bit that of the m3 in front of you...it's just to have fun yo'