Track day or not track day? That's the question.

Track day with rain and 13"s ?

• You fool, stay at home, keep your money, your car and stay alive

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Seb_

Give me some frogs.
Site Supporter
Hi
I wanted you to give me your feeling about something.
I booked a trackday on next sunday. The problem is that sunday, it will rain, like every day for more than 2 weeks here. I only have skinny 13" tyres. Do you think I should cancel the track day and book another day, or should I go on the slippy track with those skinny tyres?
A sincere reply in the following poll would be appreciated.
Thank you

pollyp

Club Member
i go to my trackdays whatever the weather. sure i prefer hot dry days cos u get max grip n max fun but wet days are a different field to learn in.
with alot less grip u obviously can't run as fast and errors are less forgiving but you'll find how she really handles near the limit at a lower speed but must also learn how to respond in a skid.

have to be very progressive n smooth with ur controls, brake & power in straight line only, heel & toe downshifts help, keep hands at 9 & 3 oclock much as possible, try keeping the revs near the power band so when the back end tries to oversteer, you countersteer, floor it! there'll be enough torque for the fwd to pull the car back, straighten the wheel just before the chassis straightens up otherwise it'll pendulum to the opposite direction into a tank slapper, tis all about timing and always looking at where you wanna go.

give urself alota room away from other cars. make sure ur treads really deep in wets, spare pants also help :p

never cancel it chum ive done loads of track days whether in the rain or perfect conditions its all good you get a real feel for the mota just drive to the conditions and enjoy it :)

OP
OP
Seb_

Seb_

Give me some frogs.
Site Supporter
Than you EVERYBODY who pushed me to go! It only lasted 15minutes but track day with rain was so much fun! It was worth the 2hours X 2 to go there ! Pics and videos coming soon :D
I will do it again for sure !

OP
OP
Seb_

Seb_

Give me some frogs.
Site Supporter
Hi peeps

so I followed your advices and went to the track day trial.

The track was 300KM away, 2hours to go. At least the car was running a bit on highway, because it was stuck in the garage for weeks, not good at all for a car. I even had to drive in a mud road, rally kinda, and had ton of fun in slidings, there even was mud on the bonnet and the roof :D

It was raining during all the road trip and until the middle of the session. But indeed it was a lot more fun! I really pushed the 13" Michelin Energy Saver to the limit of their weak grip and could hear them cry during bends.
Few picture my friend took:

MICRA%2520CLASTRES-0039.jpg

MICRA%252520CLASTRES-0041.jpg

MICRA%2520CLASTRES-0099.jpg

MICRA%2520CLASTRES-0121.jpg

MICRA%2520CLASTRES-0126-2.jpg

And the video of the last lap:

Funny thing is that when I was on the trip back to home, I felt so calm and relaxed, respecting all the speed limit.

Yet another great K11 experience !

pollyp

Club Member
shweet:D
looks like u had mega fun there.
luvin the outrun track. the cabin cam needs resyncing with the track cam.
missed shift at 1:00?:p

Harlen

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Supporter
Funny thing is that when I was on the trip back to home, I felt so calm and relaxed, respecting all the speed limit.

This is the best part about track days. Driving home feels so relaxed and civil. I honestly think that everyone needs to attend a track day of some sort, just get your speed kicks for the day and focus on being a safer driver whilst on the road.

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
This is the best part about track days. Driving home feels so relaxed and civil. I honestly think that everyone needs to attend a track day of some sort, just get your speed kicks for the day and focus on being a safer driver whilst on the road.

I find it to be the complete opposite for me. I have to me very mindful of speed limits after a day of being able to give the car a good stretch. Also remembering to take the tape off my lights helps too :rolleyes:

Harlen

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Supporter
I find it to be the complete opposite for me. I have to me very mindful of speed limits after a day of being able to give the car a good stretch. Also remembering to take the tape off my lights helps too :rolleyes:
I can totally understand that too - quite different but I went Go Karting recently and we had quite a long session (couple of hours). Got back in the car and kept turning into corners with a massive amount of aggression :D

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
I can totally understand that too - quite different but I went Go Karting recently and we had quite a long session (couple of hours). Got back in the car and kept turning into corners with a massive amount of aggression :D

After I did Le Mans 24hr, I thought there was something wrong with my Glanza as the steering felt so light! I'm looking forward to doing my first track day in the Glanza :D

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
After I did Le Mans 24hr, I thought there was something wrong with my Glanza as the steering felt so light! I'm looking forward to doing my first track day in the Glanza :D

We'll have to get a few groups to the track next year. All being well, I'll be back around June time next year and plan on making up for the lack of action due to being over here....

OP
OP
Seb_

Seb_

Give me some frogs.
Site Supporter
I watched for other cars on the same track with the same weather conditions and found this 206 RC (the sport version, 180HP):

The guy average lap is 1min50, mine is 2min I'm satisfied :)
Now I understand why the guy with the blue 206 struggled to overtake me :D