Toyota Yaris T-Sport

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo
What are people's opinions on these?? I am seriously considering getting one due to their reliability reports and just their general appearance. I think they look mint and although they aint the fastest hot hatch around, they aint too bad... 103BHP as standard though so they aint too slow. Also with some (subtle) modifications, they look awesome in my opinion hehe. :)

Toyota%20Yaris%20T-sport.JPG

DSC00744.jpg

DSC00745.jpg

Arnold to say you own a k10 you do say some silly things. :p Lol only joking mate, I see what you mean but they aint quite as square as the k10 lol. :)

from a site:

Swiss model, 400 made, the turbo kit is from TRD, and uses the d4-d intercooler. The car is assembled in Switzerland by toyota itself, and differences from the standard TS are the suspension (totally changed, sway bars too), final gear ratio, rims, front & roof spoiler, and of course lots of engine parts.

The car is VERY fast, 980kg for 150cv and 200Nm, stock 0-100km/h is claimed at 7.9s, but you must use 3rd gear.. top speed 205km/h at the rev limiter in 5th gear. It's lovely to drive, nice suspension tune up, and tons of power under accelleration for such a little car!

859533-toyotayarisversoturbo.jpg

Sounds good!!! I knew you could get a turbo bolt on kit but didn't actally know that they made them with them on.

micra man said:
Arnold to say you own a k10 you do say some silly things. :p Lol only joking mate, I see what you mean but they aint quite as square as the k10 lol. :)

I edited it out as soon as i posted that :p

i test drove one as was thinking of getting one. I didnt like the driving position or the gear changes, but otherwise it wasnt a bad car, not amazingly powerful though, its fairly heavy and doesnt put out massive power or torque.

What other alternatives would you consider?? I've had a good look at alot of other things and this really is the only one that stands out!!! :) Apart from possibly the Almera GTI.

Well I've got a few other options now, think for now I'm gunna get the clio sorted, then when I have a bit more money get one of the following, in no real order:

Yaris T-Sport
Toyota MR2 GT T-Bar
Honda Civic VTi
Almera GTi
Toyota Celica Coupe
Golf GTi T

Opinions on all of them welcome?? :)

Yaris T-Sport - seem popular

Toyota MR2 GT T-Bar - needs to be a MR2 turbo really

Honda Civic VTi - expensive but damn fast for a 1.6

Almera GTi - reliable and reasonably quick, they take well to a few little mods, my mate has one and its fast with only a few bolt ons

Toyota Celica Coupe - the GT is a cracking car, big, comfortable, another mate has one so i know there alright, slightly sluggish as a modded 1300 K11 is as quick to 60 but celica pulls away big time after that...

Golf GTi T - 1.8T is a crackin engine - good all rounder

The Yaris TS is a great piece of kit, you can get a TTE Supercharger kit which will not void the warranty (look for Kimi on Toyota Owners Club).

The TS has a good following and loads of tuning bits available :D

Back