TOST - The Official Spam Thread

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
I don't wish to join your new team Chris. I have no need for a sticker of a gentleman of Asian extraction sitting on a K13 on my car, sorry :oops:.

Guy

Club Member
As a card carrying member of the National Secularist Society, can I just say this? NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Guy

Club Member
I can see you now Chris :D:

christian-preacher.jpg

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
Now its getting warm again, time to get ready for shooting fun so getting round to finishing off my project air rifle:
20140418_162025_zps1800cc07.jpg

Custom butt piece for reach fitted, custom fully adjustable cheek rest, just needs final tidying up with wood filler etc then will have a play with it to see how much work is needed to get it to shoot straight and consistently :)
Anyone else do gunsmithing for fun?

h701micra

Deactivated Account
Now its getting warm again, time to get ready for shooting fun so getting round to finishing off my project air rifle:
20140418_162025_zps1800cc07.jpg

Custom butt piece for reach fitted, custom fully adjustable cheek rest, just needs final tidying up with wood filler etc then will have a play with it to see how much work is needed to get it to shoot straight and consistently :)
Anyone else do gunsmithing for fun?
It was my first hobby before cars. I stay in touch with the real steels but I'd say I'll be useless with an air rifle now

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
It was my first hobby before cars. I stay in touch with the real steels but I'd say I'll be useless with an air rifle now
I'm pretty good with C02 and PCP rifles, springers you need to perfect the hold because of the reverse recoil. That and this one needs re-crowning and a clean internally, the chinese pack their guns with thick lots of oil, which diesels madly and gives VERY inconsistent shots... probably a leather piston seal too... that will need adressing.

h701micra

Deactivated Account
I'm pretty good with C02 and PCP rifles, springers you need to perfect the hold because of the reverse recoil. That and this one needs re-crowning and a clean internally, the chinese pack their guns with thick lots of oil, which diesels madly and gives VERY inconsistent shots... probably a leather piston seal too... that will need adressing.
Oh the memories it floods back.
I still have my first weirauch HW35 .177 kit rifle upstairs and my competition .22 webley stingray. Still going strong.
I'll take a photo or 2 for you later on.
CO2 I find are the better ones if you're looking for consistency as you're not breaking state to break the barrel every shot... even though mines a break barrel :p
Small things I do remember about it are
Stock bored out and weighted to bring my centre balance over the trigger
Suppressor baffles change from abs plastic to 1.5mm perfed acetal with 'sound deadening' foam inserts so it was actually suppressed
Trigger sear filed to give a smooth action 2 stage trigger
That's all I really remember :)

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
I like having a forward heavy gun as I find it helps keep my aim steadier, prefer the balance over my supporting hand. My C02 rifle had polished and weighted hammer, reprofiled, hardened and polished sear, ported and polished pathways to increase flow, re-crowned barrel and was balanced like yours to around the trigger point. It's in pieces under my bed as it was WAY over the legal limit and actually blasts the probe sealing O-ring clean off every shot!

h701micra

Deactivated Account
I like having a forward heavy gun as I find it helps keep my aim steadier, prefer the balance over my supporting hand. My C02 rifle had polished and weighted hammer, reprofiled, hardened and polished sear, ported and polished pathways to increase flow, re-crowned barrel and was balanced like yours to around the trigger point. It's in pieces under my bed as it was WAY over the legal limit and actually blasts the probe sealing O-ring clean off every shot!
Mines borderline which is fine by me :) it did get me a fair few shooting medals when it was my thing.
I prefer em weighted around the trigger. Less strain on the extended arm for long periods and less cheek pressure affecting eye focus. Prefer it over front heavys as they need pressure from the trigger hand and cheek pressure to maintain
Scope was always nice with 3-10x44IR zoom and objective lense. 12 (6 day green / 6 night red) level illuminated crosshair adjustment with the usual zeroing adjustment

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
Makes more comfortable for standing shooting, I don't do a lot of bench or prone shooting so the traditional stock doesn't suit me as well

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
The standard 45deg thumb over stock is the best for standing imo. But it'd be more balance tbh :)
I find thumb over stock uncomfortable, and usualy rest my thumb against the side instead with a light finger touch to steady my hand... but then I like to hold the rifle fairly high against my shoulder.

h701micra

Deactivated Account
I find thumb over stock uncomfortable, and usualy rest my thumb against the side instead with a light finger touch to steady my hand... but then I like to hold the rifle fairly high against my shoulder.
We're all different :)

The L96 is perfection... Fact. Have a go with one if you ever get the chance :)

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
Problem with airsoft is you need to be a member of an approved association before you can get ones that aren't translucent. Funny fact, they have to be translucent not orange now as they found out that criminals were painting real guns orange to hide them...
Need an L96 airsoft sniper rifle...

Problem with airsoft is you need to be a member of an approved association before you can get ones that aren't translucent. Funny fact, they have to be translucent not orange now as they found out that criminals were painting real guns orange to hide them...
Need an L96 airsoft sniper rifle...

Really? Half mine I've spayed black anyway, the rest are part blue.... But yeah to get black ones you have to have gone to three airsoft events, bit of a pain aye