TOST - The Official Spam Thread

Depends what 1l you have. Basically revs will be the same as when it was a 1l you'll just have tons more power. I never had a problem with mine. Just got a new box for the larger clutch really. Reason I say it depends is cause the late 1l have low ratios til 3rd then 4th and 5th are the same as the 1.3 anyway. So if you've got a late one even getting a proper 1.3 won't save you :p

So yours should be at about 3.5k rpm at 70 like mine. That won't change with a bigger engine in it'll just get there more easily. And swapping shouldn't be hard as long as you get an engine that's suitable ie coilpack like your 1l

IMG_2013111955589_zps46ac1626.jpg

@h701micra

the cvh were pretty renowned for smokin joe (more likely rings imo) they were a good car in their day tho :)
Only smokes occasionally apparently, if I end up having it I can always swap engines or fix it. Garage it went to reckoned valve stems and.there's a few engines for grabs round here.

Well that's sorted then :) Haha. Could get an xr4 diff I believe? And I think the type 9 gearbox will accept a zetec or pinto if I want to swap the cvh out?
Same bellhousing bolt pattern and engine mount locations iirc. My work colleague's mk3 fiesta had a cvh, now has a 2.O zetec engine with the turbo and manifold from a RS1800 or RS1600 turbo :)

Hi guys. I am in a bit of a pickle...I went to change the gearbox yesterday and discovered I have the wrong one (AK50Y)...luckily I didn't get too far. Can anyone help me identify the correct box or whether the AK50Y is in any way compatible? Car is K11 1.0 Shape (1998 R plate - pre-facelift).

Many thanks in advance :)

That's what I like to hear lol. 2l turbo sierra drifter eh?
Will supposedly make 230bhp on stock internals too, the RS1800 turbo ecu is self learning so if you keep upping the boost gradually it won't need mapping or so I've been told. Some have it easy eh???

Hi guys. I am in a bit of a pickle...I went to change the gearbox yesterday and discovered I have the wrong one (AK50Y)...luckily I didn't get too far. Can anyone help me identify the correct box or whether the AK50Y is in any way compatible? Car is K11 1.0 Shape (1998 R plate - pre-facelift).

i dont know the codes for them but what year of car did that come off of? and engine size?
I've got a 1995 micra running a 2001 gearbox, not too much work to swap things around if you know what you want.

the pre-facelift 1.0,s have a smaller g/box (RS5F41)

Oh and alternative fun/drift car... '98 Bmw 323i se ... anyone like these? or do you think i'm trying to decide which turd to lick???

Sierra or Bimmer...?

Back