TOST - The Official Spam Thread

skymera

Brutal Honesty
Got something random to post but don't want to make a new thread?
Post away!

So, there is always loads of general chit chat and many threads being created in the General Chat section, I think it can look messy and cluttered.

So why not an official thread that we can use to post all sorts? Don't shoot me down.

I've seen and use this on other forums and works very well. Perhaps make this a sticky? Or delete the thread if no one want it.

I'll start, so a few weeks ago someone posted a link of a site which sold small bits for Micras, like grilles for £14.99. Anyone know what that link was??

OP
OP
skymera

skymera

Brutal Honesty
Maybe, i'll have a search in a bit.

Just waiting to leave to go to reading, meet up with a few peeps from here, should be ok, maybe a bit chilly!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Forum Runner

This is a great idea considering I was wanting opinions from you lot on what colour of tow strap to get but I didnt really want to make a new thread for something as small and stupid as that :p

So, aye, Im undecided on what colour of TRS tow strap would match well with the blue on my car, was thinking maybe red or orange but just cant decide haha

Any ideas? :rolleyes:

I'm pretty boring so blue car = blue tow strap.

But orange would look cool or maybe green, like mint :D

haha I would go for a a blue one if my bumpers were black plastic ones but because theyre colour coded and just wouldnt stand out :D

think ill order the orange one, fit it, stand back and stare at it for a while and if I dont like it ill return it and go for a different colour! haha
I reckon the orange one would look cool anyways though

OP
OP
skymera

skymera

Brutal Honesty
Made a small dent in my xmas shopping today but it made a significant dent in my bank balance! So excited, got so much stuff to give to people.

Roll on payday!

OP
OP
skymera

skymera

Brutal Honesty
Need to tow my mum's Mk4 Golf GTi to a garage today. Not looking forward to it as it's slightly uphill and it's a very heavy car! :oops:

James

Chairman
Need to tow my mum's Mk4 Golf GTi to a garage today. Not looking forward to it as it's slightly uphill and it's a very heavy car! :oops:
It'll be fine! I managed to tow a diesel Peugeot 405 in my 1.4 Almera, and those things weigh more than the earth! :)

SirChris

Educated Bodger
Nex has towed a volvo in a micra! I have towed a white van with my old 1 litre lol.. fine once past 10 miles and hour.

OP
OP
skymera

skymera

Brutal Honesty
Once it was going everything was fine.

Had to stop on a hill to pull out onto the A30 which proved pretty difficult

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
What is this down voting thread I have seen?

It's to allow the general population power to self moderate threads to a degree.

e.g. a spam thread is posted, 3 down votes causes it to be removed from public view. Previously it was either spotted by a moderator or reported by a member for moderation. Now you guys have some powers to help police the forums a little more effectively :)

I tried that, thought the little engine was going to explode so stopped
Trust me mate, i rally my little 1.0 and its amazing how much abuse it can take.... We have done a few test days where the car hasnt stopped ALL day. The car can last longer then the driver!!!! Ended up that the drivers were getting too hot and tired so swapped to a different driver and carried on from like 9-10 in the morning to 5pm its ridiculous how much of a battering they can take especially revving the t*ts out of them all day!!

^^ that's based on a well looked after cg10, I have no idea on the history of my sisters. Not to mention the plumes of white smoke that was being blown out of the exhaust

Belly93

to turbo or new lump :/ hmmm
on the subject of towing does anyone know is it still legal to tow with a rope? me and a few mates were wondering as ive heard it illegal to use a rope to tow but unsure if its true

Rob

Cosworth turbo'd 1.3
I love fishing

429542_10152299145050029_1314892920_n.jpg

OP
OP
skymera

skymera

Brutal Honesty
on the subject of towing does anyone know is it still legal to tow with a rope? me and a few mates were wondering as ive heard it illegal to use a rope to tow but unsure if its true
I towed with a rope. If you can get a bar, I highly suggest that!

Belly93

to turbo or new lump :/ hmmm
i could get a bar as we have one from work was just a general question and its horrible being towed with a rope

Couple of random things,

I think I've put the wrong settings on my new wi-fi router at home...as I don't show up on the User map here anymore ^_^
it never placed me quite right but still...bit odd... :p

also...because i don't want to start a new thread...does anyone know if somebody owns or sold a 3dr K11 (facelift) in that beautiful bright green?
I keep seeing one in the Gosport area, when my mum and i pop down to the quieter asda
...everytime i see i it I go Oooooh :eek:
...then miss the reg *facepalm*
I mean, it has the www.micra.org.uk sticker on the rear windows so surely it is/was somebody in the club?
...i'd like to think the driver would wave at me...but...no LOL

Actually last night a black K11 was stopped at a roundabout as i was going around and i thought she waved at me :D
...she was just wiping the inside of her window though :oops:

Had a sudden urge to buy yellow tints for my headlights tonight haha I never thought about doing at all since owning it until about 20 minutes ago :rolleyes: I reckon blue yellow could go well :D

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk 2