Topping up antifreeze

Hello
Looking for some advice?

My 1998 1.3 K11 currently has the green Nissan antifreeze in it. If I ever want to top up the level in the expansion bottle am I ok to use the Prestone 50/50 ready mixed stuff that's readily available & will it mix ok with the Nissan mixture already in the engine/ cooling system? Or do I have to try & get the Nissan Antifreeze & mix this & add that ?

Sorry if it's a dumb question but I basically don't want to top it up if it needs it with Prestone & wreck it ! :confused:

Many thanks for any advice (Y)

As long as you drain, and flush radiator and re-fill with the new stuff, you`ll be fine, although Nothing wrong with NISSAN`s LP250 Coolant, already pre-mixed.

The LP250 isn't pre-mixed. It says on the bottle

Neat: -60c
1 a/f to 1 w: -40c
1a/f to 2w: -20c

I mix it 1:1 with distilled water. I bought a bottle of Prestone at Wilkie's today after seeing this thread. Bottle says it'll mix with ANYTHING in ANY kind of engine :). Mines using coolant at the moment but it's too cold to get out and look where from :blush:.

As long as you drain, and flush radiator and re-fill with the new stuff, you`ll be fine, although Nothing wrong with NISSAN`s LP250 Coolant, already pre-mixed.

That's the thing though, I don't want to flush the old stuff out, I just wondered if I could top up/ add onto the level of the Nissan antifreeze already in there with the Prestone stuff?
It says in it's blurb that Prestone will mix with anything, I just want to ask if anyone knows this is actually true before I risk adding it.
Many thanks for your & everyone's input (Y)

The LP250 isn't pre-mixed. It says on the bottle

Neat: -60c
1 a/f to 1 w: -40c
1a/f to 2w: -20c

I mix it 1:1 with distilled water. I bought a bottle of Prestone at Wilkie's today after seeing this thread. Bottle says it'll mix with ANYTHING in ANY kind of engine :). Mines using coolant at the moment but it's too cold to get out and look where from :blush:.

Cool, just mix it with some Brita filtered water, job done!!(Y)

Brita filtered is NOT pure water! It removes some muck but replaces the calcium ions in the water with sodium ions. This makes the water feel soft and 'nice' but dissolved solids level will be very high - use distilled or de-ionised :grinning:.

Thanks for all the help it's much appreciated, i'll get some Prestone !

Sent off my cheque to join the MSC today (Y)

Back