top speed

butta

Kicked in the Member
ok due to comments in another thread i took my micra to a local private road (the driveway to a closed water pumping station) and maxed it. on the slight uphill it did 104 mph on the gps (indicated 120 mph) and downhill it did 112 mph on the gps (off the clock on 130 mph dials) so i dont know if my 1998 si has a 117 mph limiter but it doesnt stop when the dial hits 117 what speed has everyone else hit (legaly obviously)

OP
OP
butta

butta

Kicked in the Member
nah its a uk but people have told me that all facelifts are limited to an indicated 117 mph

Stani1029

Club Member
ive had 115mph, run out of road but could have kept going...i dont have a clue what speeds these cars are limited at :sleepy:

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
104 is pretty much all you will get, the list speed was 106 for the pre-facelift K11's and I found that hard to get to without a very long driveway lol.

Most I have ever seen on a gps on a flat straight was 118, one can go faster but my car is not exactly standard :)

I'd like to see James' reply hee hee!

Igloo

Ex. Club Member
I've had 110 out of my standard k11 1.0

Dont think i could have got anymore out of it. Sounded very very ragged.

:p

OP
OP
butta

butta

Kicked in the Member
you lads must have powerful k11's and very very long driveways
the driveway i used is about 3 miles long and is known well localy with car theives (they dump cars there) so if you go at night there will be coppers near by but if you go in the day its deserted the only problem is you need to know when to brake as one end is a iron gate and the other is a gravel path (only as wide a a micra with big pot holes)

mickey&me

Site Supporter
the highest speed i got out of my k11 1.3 was around 114mph on a private road, but its funny cuz i know this sounds strange but i did 101mph on 4th then changed to 5th and got 114mph.

Let me try explaining that again lol. 4th gear is where all the power is on my super s, its weird if i change to 5th at around 60mph it just decreases for about 4-8 secs then picks up way way slower. dont understand its like the 5th gear has the most longest ratio which doesnt match with the 4th gear. what do u all think? any info. cuz this is my first 1.3 engined k11 with a 1.3 gearbox because i have an SR with a replacment 1.0 gearbox with no probs.

Weird aint it?

OP
OP
butta

butta

Kicked in the Member
if i leave mine in 5th at about 60 and floor it it stops at 80 ish but if i hit the limiter in 4th then change to 5th then i get the speeds listed at the top of the thread

Antony

Ex. Club Member
its called BHP, there isnt any when i 5th because of the tall ratio and the drop in revs, 4th gear is almost a 1:1 ratio...... and will see a higher top speed than 5th...

unless turbo'd..lol

Swiper

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
on my '98 1.0 si, i hit the speed limiter at an indicated 117mph (4th gear, 6200rpm ish), it's been converted to cg13 and 1.3 box, but with cg10 ecu. with standard wheels and tyres (165/65 14), if anyone asks, i was at bruntingthorpe proving ground.
i've not tried the wife's '98 1.3 si as she won't let me til she gets her almera!

if i leave mine in 5th at about 60 and floor it it stops at 80 ish but if i hit the limiter in 4th then change to 5th then i get the speeds listed at the top of the thread

The fifth gear was originaly designed to save fuel, a cruising gear at 70. Micras not being particully powerful standard dont have the required torque to accelerate a great deal in fifth.