Top Mounted Turbo

Alienfish360

Awesome Dawson
I'm just wondering which of you have a top mounted turbo, and how much clearance there is with the bonnet.

While eyeballing my turbo up, there seems to be much more width at the top to accomodate the turbo elbow and compressor intake, than there is when hanging it down.

However, I'm struggling with how much clearance there is with the bonnet.

OP
OP
A

Alienfish360

Awesome Dawson
Even holding the turbo in the approximate position of the HKS manifold position it seems that there's not enough clearance, If Nis sees this thread would you be able to measure the height of your turbo from the flange, so I can compare to the height of my turbo.

Flat_Out,
The bonnet raises may give only a slight help, as 20mm raised at the back will be conisderably smaller at the front of the engine bay.

TONEY

Ex. Club Member
2973667202a10990682268o.jpg

2973667202a10990682334o.jpg

OP
OP
A

Alienfish360

Awesome Dawson
Yeah that's Stani's however his bonnet touches, and I assume he's using bonnet pins as he's removed the slam panel that the catch attaches too.

OP
OP
A

Alienfish360

Awesome Dawson
Well, that idea won't work :( the belt would hit the side of the bay if facing in the opposite direction. That would have been perfect if it did fit there.

Stanni, would it be possible to measure the height of your turbo from the flange to the top of the housing?