• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

'Tony'. 1999 1.0 CVT Equation - Progress

First of all, hello!
Been browsing the Msc for a while and finally decided to post!

For last 4-5 years I have had 2 Fiat Grande Puntos,
A 2007 Active 1.2 8v and a 2009 Sporting 1.4 16v Turbo. Both of which I have cherished and adored. The sporting I spent a decent amount of money modifying and perfecting.
5e60cd24403cb7f0f3ed6ef09c7898dd.jpg

But recently I decided I need a change. So the Punto was taken back to stock, parts sold and put on the market for private sale.
I needed a little run about to tide me over till I could find a replacement daily. That's where Tony comes in.
fa88ab348a8c3aee90166fcfd4a6e665.jpg

Tony is a 1999 1.0 16v Equation 5 door auto. About as low spec as you can get.
He was originally owned by an old gentleman who lived next door to my OHs Grandma. He got to the age where a car was too much of a hassle so sold Tony to my OHs dad so my Oh and her little sister could learn to drive it.

Long story short. The car was taken around the village a few times and forgotten about. Tony went into storage for several months.

In early November, I made my OHs dad an offer of £500 for the car knowing I would probably get shot down (knowing the car only had 23000 miles on the clock).
To my surprise he accepted and here we are today!

I have been a k11 owner for about a month now and I can honestly say I never thought I'd love it so much!
The gearbox took some getting used to and so does the lack of ABS and disks all round.
But I love the way it's comfortable, nippy and fun to drive!

4f79331f208d775e7ef28a2a9a765c94.jpg

Tony's in great shape! Apart from a couple of rust bubbles in the arches, there's not a mark on it! The paintwork is bright and not faded, surprising lack of trolley debts! Apart from some serious swirl marks (from being washed with a brush half its life), I very happy with the condition :)

06f415a830447ea950eabbe1c255abc2.jpg

I have some plans for her, but most of which is yet to be revealed!

I'll keep you posted!

Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back