TomTom

Spike

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave
As ive had a pretty crap week, and as im reknowned for the worst navigation skills (two hours in bath city centre) the missus bought me the new TomTom One GB edition.

Came with all the features and was really easy to use, so if anyones thinking of investing in one, at £199, even bought it from Halfords, and they set it up for me.

Very impressed with it aswell, using it to get up to Kristians tomorrow and down the portsmouth.

thought id share that with you :)

D4R73N

Ex. Club Member
I have the Garmin Nuvi somthing, £269... very nice piece of kit.

Great for going long distance in a rush, even warns for speed cams... :)

OP
OP
Spike

Spike

Yeah, she said she'd looked at a few of them and I wasnt interested in maps for Europe and America, hence the lower price, and it was the next generation One model, so its slimmer, longer battery, additional voices, loads of stuff.

but the main thing, its very easy to use, you dont even need to look at the instructions to use it, just follow it as you go like

couldnt be better imo :)

D4R73N

Ex. Club Member
Thats it, as long as it does what you want to, mine does all this MP3 crap, but i dont use it, thats what my Ipods for...lol

As long as its what you wanted hey :p

OP
OP
Spike

Spike

exactly, the guy was trying to sell her one that would replace my bluetooth headset, as it had a built in microphone and phonebook, but then what would I use my headset for... at the end of the day, I wanted it to get me from A to B and it does that!

Antony

Ex. Club Member
best navigation system on the market....full stop.!!!

anyone telling you different hasnt tried one..

i have tried and been trained in all current satelite navigation systems and can safely say that, if they didnt keep braking down i would have the garmin.....but they do...so i wont!

TOMTOM all the way....

D4R73N

Ex. Club Member
antony_aiken said:
best navigation system on the market....full stop.!!!

anyone telling you different hasnt tried one..

i have tried and been trained in all current satelite navigation systems and can safely say that, if they didnt keep braking down i would have the garmin.....but they do...so i wont!

TOMTOM all the way....

And you've tried a Garmin...Navman...Others...lol :p

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
My brother has the tomtom one and its a crackling little unit. I was messing around with it the other day, changing the images associated with the voices to football club badges and stuff lol.

I personally have tom tom navigator 5 on my PDA. The software is great, but the PDA or receiver is pants, causing me to end up driving across fields, railway lines and imaginary roads.

Ive heard a few people slag off Tomtom, purely because of the name!! but the product is so much better than competitors.

D4R73N

Ex. Club Member
Sat nav is defently going in the right direction...lol

satnav%20copy.jpg

Antony

Ex. Club Member
D4R73N said:
And you've tried a Garmin...Navman...Others...lol :p

yup..i have owned a navman ICN 320 and a 520...both crappy....i used a garmin nuvi 310D not long ago and it crashed after 10 minutes,....

got a tomtom one........ never have had a problem with it..

and we never get them back either....its 100% reliable...

Ian

Ex. Club Member
antony_aiken said:
yup..i have owned a navman ICN 320 and a 520...both crappy....i used a garmin nuvi 310D not long ago and it crashed after 10 minutes,....

got a tomtom one........ never have had a problem with it..

and we never get them back either....its 100% reliable...

bold claim, but just not true. Nothing will be 100% reliable, probably very good units. never had the chance to use a proper tomtom. Wouldn mind though.

mean micra

www.mightymicra.co.uk
i also sell satnav... i used to be quite critical of the tomtom stuff but the later models are great and have used the tomto one for ages now...

from experience when a tomtom goes doodah... a reset sorts it out...