• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

-ToM- 's Ginger beast

Picked the beast up on tuesday and have been using it to get to and from work for the last few days. Paying for it has eemptied my account but as the money comes in ill be lowering it 1st the getting some black spokey alloys (not sure what ones any suggestions) the alloys will be second hand as i cant afford new. Once thats done a nice exhaust system and the cd player etc etc. Ive only got the one pik from tuesday night with "Sprints" almera. Hopefully he will post more up as he got them on his camera.

Any suggestions of what i should do etc etc feel free as im not sure what to do yet im just getting the money together before operation micra takes place :grinning:

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s177/2oToMo7/ABCD0003.jpg

Image too big! 800x600 maximum please

OP
OP
-ToM-
Paid £895 mate, body work and interious is absoloutely mint its really clean, mielage is 97k which is a bit high but for age of car isnt that bad, its a 1.0l engine as im only 17 and cant afford anything more at the moment, ill be puttin a 1.3 in next year though.

Ems

Ex. Club Member
Glad you got it back ok. Your obviously happy with it. Did you get the oil leak prob sorted?

Would look good with tints on the back three windows too, as well as the alloys and lowering. You could also colour code the black plastics, but imo they look ok how they are. Up to you at the end of the day though :)

OP
OP
-ToM-
Got it home and it was leaking a tiny bit on the drive so it went back today and the mechanic said there was a couple of loose bolts which he has tightened up and cleaned underneath the engine and its been fine since. Im going to tint the rear windows like you say, roughly how much does it cost? i was going to colour code the mirrors and plastic etc but as im going for the bronze and black colours ill need to keep some black detailing so that it all flows other wise there will be too much bronze, its got colour coded bumpers so i think it should look nice with tints and black wheels also going to tint rear lights and headlights.

Ems

Ex. Club Member
Cool :)

And i paid 150 for my back 3 windows. So around that price for a respectable place to do it :)

almeraandmicra002.jpg

almeraandmicra001.jpg

almeraandmicra005.jpg

a few pictures along side Toms dream car :laugh:

looking forward to working on the micra with Tom, needs an oil change so that will have to be done over the next few weeks (garage said they changed it but its as dirty now as it was before they supposedly changed it...) , will check the plugs etc aswell although the air filter is new so they may be aswell.

the almera is mine BTW, think theres a few AOC members on here.

OP
OP
-ToM-
Today ive done my first few mods there only little but i thought you would like to see, ive painted the front grill black with 4 coats of primer and 4 of gloss black as im going for the black and bronze colour scheme, and ive fitted an induction kit aswell but im not sure weather or not the blue makes it look chavvy but i dont suppose it matters as its under the bonnet son no1 sees it what do you think?

Image exceeds forum limits. 800x600 maximum

Fordy

Ex. Club Member
what a nice cold air feed you have lol

also change your number plate screws for new ones will make it look better

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Micra Sports Club said:
If you are posting externally hosted images, please ensure they are no larger than 800x600 in size.

The above have been converted to links. To ensure future images comply with forum rules, you can upload them on www.moddedmicras.co.uk/upload and they'l be automatically resized to fit.

OP
OP
-ToM-
Update, put it into the garage today to see what the leak really is and turns out its a crank case seal which is costing me £140 to get sorted i suppose i could leave it and keep topping it up with oil but i may aswell do things properly. Im just a bit gutted as im dying to get it lowered. Also managed to get myself a renault lagune front splitter which im going to attempt to adapt to fit my car, pics will follow ...

Fordy

Ex. Club Member
Update, put it into the garage today to see what the leak really is and turns out its a crank case seal which is costing me £140 to get sorted i suppose i could leave it and keep topping it up with oil but i may aswell do things properly. Im just a bit gutted as im dying to get it lowered. Also managed to get myself a renault lagune front splitter which im going to attempt to adapt to fit my car, pics will follow ...

but you only just brought it, why didnt it get fixed before you brought it, take it back and get it fixed for free

OP
OP
-ToM-
I took it back mate and the fella said it was just a loose bolt and its been tightened up and its ok now, which was just a load of #### to get me 2 go away because its sold and he doesnt want to know anymore. But i bought it anyway because i really really liked it but since its the only problem the car has i cant really complain. Iv had great fun in it the last few weeks and if i have to spend a bit on it to get it how i want it then so be it, jsut a shame its getting spent on a ####ty oil leak and not my springs lol.

OP
OP
-ToM-
As promised here are the piks of the renault laguna front splitter fitted, was pretty simple to do but i have to cut about 6" off each side to get it to fit properly and the bumper was a ####### to get off aswell but its all done and im happy with it.

Ill get better piks when its clean and not raining i just ran out b4 and took a quick piccy lol

What you think?

http://www.moddedmicras.co.uk/upload/files/19-DSC00080.JPG

OP
OP
-ToM-
Nah mate just about 6-7" off each end, when you line it up before fitting it looks like it doesnt fit properly because the bend in the micra bumpers is obviously sharper than in the laguna ones but once screwed down the screws pull it together and hold it really well, i thought it was going to look #### but im really happy.

Cheers for the nice comments :)