To turbo, or not to turbo?

i don't understand ? can you explain please frank?
it looks like a fuel controller in the kit (piggyback) and without some sort of spark control you have to run a lot of retard to avoid det (many run 15deg of retard) which is fine for a trackcar, because you dont use 1k to 3k rpm much, but its a big compromise on a daily driver

so are u sayin there wud be no power at the low revs?
if you go and retard your timing 15 deg and drive it for a week you will know what it feels like off boost without a remap or some other form of spark control (or you could just fit the kit and hope your ringlands and h/g hold out :D)

Okay i got a price of €900 for this kit delivered to me from japan thru Japanese Performance wat do ye think? is it worth it? I'm liking the idea of goin turbo now :cool:

Also frank if i understand corectly, with ur mapped cga3 turbo the spark is normal off boost then once u have boost pressure the spark is retarded. Am i right?
And if thats the case is it possible to do the same on cg13 using a dizzy? As it was my understandin that the timing of the spark is controlled only by the exhaust cam position. Am i wrong?

Thats a lot of dosh eh !
And just study some online spark maps. Polly,s or other nissan DE,s, and you will see a lot of difference between n/a and turbo.
And yes the dizzy is driven by the exh cam, but can be adjusted np :)
the "key" element is LOAD, the spark timing is critical under certain load conditions

Yeah but getting someone to make the kit for yuo would no doubt be as much eh?
it usually ends up being more than quoted tho eh (import duties etc) there is usually a kit on sale here or ebay, and yes turbo is nuts :D my ghetto setup was great fun, but if its a daily, with some urban driving then you tend to be off boost for 95% of the time (even cruising @ 70 i,m running about MINUS 10 psi !)

yeah, but for the average joes like us! simplifys things a bit, yeah the import taxes would be a nightmare actually. I have never seen a kit on ebay! our one anyway!

That price is including taxes and delivery! :D and i too have never seen a kit for sale on ebay or here but maybe i just looked at wrong times :p

I suppose you could build a kit to that spec easy enough for grand and a half? maybe 2..that including maybe nistune eh?

Jury is still out on whether to buy this or not. Am very tempted but i have plenty other things i shud be spendin my money on lol
An engine wud be a gud start :p

Back