Tinted indicators.

What do you think next?

• Remove the chrome trim

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hi guys,

Recently had a spare 20 mins so decided to give it a go for a cheap mod. Had a cheapo tin of tinting spray which I think actually works quite well. It has blended the front grill together which I think is nice.

Comments please? Do you like it or not?

DSC_1154.JPG

How well does the amber show through once tinted?

Sent from my C2105 using Tapatalk

Luckily the amber actually shows quite well. Still easy to see and fine for MOT so no worries. It does look a bit patchy as I did a quick job but once I get chance to flat it back a little and smooth out the finish with some t-cut should look factory. Maybe will try to upload pics or video.

Yes they look nice. Seen a few images on google etc... look a bit like the new range rover grills. I imagine they are hard to get hold of?

I would to find the front bumper with those spot lamps in as they look good too.

I was thinking of painting the nissan badge too. But as my car is white, should I paint it black for black & white theme or should I code it white to blend in?

Yahoo auctions or ebay for the grill,but you need to change your settings to U.S and search "march grills" and they aren't cheap,paid £120 for mine :0 The bumper is the normal one,i had to replace my bumper reinforcement bar as it was rotten,so while it was off,i cut the holes out and fitted the covers and brackets for the fog lights,and a year later installed the fog lights. The covers lights and brackets are off the sx model,might be able to find one in your local scrappy :) or ine breaking on ebay!

I was thinking of painting the nissan badge too. But as my car is white, should I paint it black for black & white theme or should I code it white to blend in?
Black and white is always a great combo,if it was mine,id paint it black! Its secured with sticky rubber tape,and two pins,be careful as they are quite fragile to remove.

Great thanks for the info. Funny you mention that when I took out the grill to spray the lens I noticed my front crush can for the bumper is rotten! I can get two fingers right through it! Look like they are easy to change, as in bolt on off? I will keep eye out for the lens covers and bits as apart from that it looks same style bumper as you say so nice upgrade. I notice the sx model also has the rear spoiler !

Black and white is always a great combo,if it was mine,id paint it black! Its secured with sticky rubber tape,and two pins,be careful as they are quite fragile to remove.

Yeah I think black and white it is then. Would tie in nicely with my plan for next year with black roof?!

Yeh crash can is one to sort as its also your front tow point,the tow hook screws into the passenger side crash can. Remove front bumper and thers 3 bolts on each side,passenger side is welded to the bar,so its the bar you have to replace,and the bar bolts with 2 10ml bolts onto the driver side can.

Yeh crash can is one to sort as its also your front tow point,the tow hook screws into the passenger side crash can. Remove front bumper and thers 3 bolts on each side,passenger side is welded to the bar,so its the bar you have to replace,and the bar bolts with 2 10ml bolts onto the driver side can.

Good info. Thanks for that. Will have to take a proper look at it and replace it.

That'd look great :)

Yeah I think it would be nice, hopefully will get a chance to do it sometime. Obviously will update when I can. First thing is to paint the front wings and bonnet. They old guy before must have had them painted or changed due to parking dinks or chips or something, but either they were colour blind or used wrong colour as when its cleaned you can see it more of a bright appliance white, whereas the rest of the car is slightly more creamy colour! Not noticeable when I first go it but now I know its different I see it every time!

The bar is cheap enough,about £20 new on ebay,paint is easy an cheap to come by,as long as you handy with a tool kit its simple enough job to do at home. Haynes manual is a god send for jobs like that.

Yeah I think it would be nice, hopefully will get a chance to do it sometime. Obviously will update when I can. First thing is to paint the front wings and bonnet. They old guy before must have had them painted or changed due to parking dinks or chips or something, but either they were colour blind or used wrong colour as when its cleaned you can see it more of a bright appliance white, whereas the rest of the car is slightly more creamy colour! Not noticeable when I first go it but now I know its different I see it every time!
The bonnet is highly prone to stone chips,hence my black bonnet,i wrapped my wing because a cheap paint job prior to me owning the car. The nissan dealers put a new wing on and didnt prep or prime,just sprayed top coat which was almost transparent in places and could remove the paint with wet paper towel lol

The bar is cheap enough,about £20 new on ebay,paint is easy an cheap to come by,as long as you handy with a tool kit its simple enough job to do at home. Haynes manual is a god send for jobs like that.

Great, will keep eye out on ebay for one, plenty of micras breaking on there but some people seem to want stupid money for some parts. Yeah pretty good with most jobs and servicing etc.. just down to time with young family and weather as I dont have garage. :-( that next project when we move, have to get place with garage, or at least space to build one!

Looks quite funky that! :) is the spoiler easy fit? cant see any existing pre-drilled fixing points on my hatch?
Mines glued on with tiger seal haha the sx tailgate has holes in the glass and roof for clips and screws,i didnt want to drill so glued it in place,holds great!

The bonnet is highly prone to stone chips,hence my black bonnet,i wrapped my wing because a cheap paint job prior to me owning the car. The nissan dealers put a new wing on and didnt prep or prime,just sprayed top coat which was almost transparent in places and could remove the paint with wet paper towel lol

Yeah the wrap looks good! I dont like dealers, try to stay away from them. sounds like they painted it in the rain! :)

Mines glued on with tiger seal haha the sx tailgate has holes in the glass and roof for clips and screws,i didnt want to drill so glued it in place,holds great!

Good to know. Handy tip then to buy some tiger seal! I;ve heard of it before but never used it. I presume the side skirt is the same or does that have mounting holes?

Good to know. Handy tip then to buy some tiger seal! I;ve heard of it before but never used it. I presume the side skirt is the same or does that have mounting holes?
They have mountings,the rubber bungs under the sills come out and bolts go into them,and the top is held with double sided rubber tape.

They have mountings,the rubber bungs under the sills come out and bolts go into them,and the top is held with double sided rubber tape.

Ok, thats another update I'd like at some point if funds allow. I have seen few sets but there looks to be different for 3 or 5 door? Is there different style or is it just the photo, as one looked slightly different. Would of thought either fits as its the same shell.

The 3 door ones fit the 5 door no probs,but the 5 door need adapting to fit the 3 door. Also make sure its a 03-05 side skirt,as the later ones have a different fit altogether which i dont think fit the early k12's

Thanks for that. I thought any style would fit! Perhaps theres different fixing or shape for the 5 door?

These are the styles I have seen. Good to know the info and I do agree the extra definition do look bit better. Are these the ones you have fitted?

The 5 door ones have a piece designed to go inside the rear door,hence how it doesnt fit. Yeh mine are the ones in the first pic.

Back