Timing Marks ----

Just fitted my 1.3 cams, seems ok, not much pull.. bit sluggish, when it reaches say about 4-5000 rpms you feel it pull, now when i changed the inlet cam i messed up and moved the timing and sprocket cam off :doh: on the TDC marks what should the pointer mark line with on the damper cos there 6 line markings, and ive timed it with the second mark from the left which piston no.1 is at the top!!!! also the timing marks on the cams.. i know the exhaust m

With the 10 links between the sproket and what mark on the damper should the pointer be at??

Thanks in Advance!!!

James

Hi frank, thanks for the link, ive seen it before, but what i would like to know is the crankshaft damper marking... theres 6 notches.. for TDC which notch do i point it on for the TDC, then i can alter the cams above, i noticed the exhaust cam is postioned correctly, but the inlet cam is a few links off!! which means i have to fettle with the inlet cam... but its the TDC marking on the crankshaft that i would like to know..

Thanks again in advance.!!!

James

Sweet frank, i thought so as i did, its that i need confirmation from the expert!! (frank) :) i have 12 links in between the marks when it should be 10 as you says.. oh well rocker cover off again!!

Thanks sooo much frank!! appreciated!!

james

Back