timing chain worn down....

nissanmicrak12

Ex. Club Member
lol i had my quote from main dealer today guess what the price was lol ....

£1038!!!!!!!minus 10% coz i work at nissan pfff!
ive had quotes from other garages ranging from 380 quid to 700 off smaller garages so how can they consider that price to be fair ?!i knew main dealer was expensive but my ghosh!:wow: that was enough to make my eyes water told them not to do it! lol il go elsewhere !

frank

Club Member
the notorious k12 chain problem eh :suspect:, those quotes are pretty normal tho, it,s listed as 8.8hrs (1hr less than a k11 chain change :eek:)

Manny

Ex. Club Member
lol i had my quote from main dealer today guess what the price was lol ....

£1038!!!!!!!minus 10% coz i work at nissan pfff!
ive had quotes from other garages ranging from 380 quid to 700 off smaller garages so how can they consider that price to be fair ?!i knew main dealer was expensive but my ghosh!:wow: that was enough to make my eyes water told them not to do it! lol il go elsewhere !

how did this happen? wear and tear common problem? are the k12's french?

OP
OP
nissanmicrak12

nissanmicrak12

Ex. Club Member
had a happy quote for £410 including breaks and discs so going with them not the cheapist quote but i know i can trust them :D(Y)

oh and yeah the chains are a very common problem lol

45 pound an hour times by 8.8 = £396 labour plus parts and vat they make you pay alot for parts nissan can get for pennies for instance the scrap value of a built in gps system in the quashquai is around 4pounds if you wanted to buy one from dealer you would pay £££'s!shocking:wow:

OP
OP
nissanmicrak12

nissanmicrak12

Ex. Club Member
my car is now on the road again :)lol with a stronger timing chain lol :D

the garage i went to has had 12 in this month alone so yeah its common !