Timing Chain Kit Replacing -----------------------

Hi all. I have a complete timing chain kit with all all tensioners.chains and cam cogs. Idler cog and the crankshaft cog, what i wanna ask is the would the original cogs be that worn if i left the original cogs or changing all complete is the way to go?

Cheers

J

Magpie42

Actual Magpie.
Change it all in one go...absolutely...if there are defects or damage on sprockets/cogs and their teeth, that could damage or wear the new chain...

Sent from the Magpie's magical nest using Tapatalk

Change it all in one go...absolutely...if there are defects or damage on sprockets/cogs and their teeth, that could damage or wear the new chain...

Sent from the Magpie's magical nest using Tapatalk

Thanks, its what thought!! So no short cuts available :)

Cheers

J

Magpie42

Actual Magpie.
If you've got all the stuff there, it's really not worth the shortcut anyway....especially if you think about the fun metal-on-metal action that happens when chains and belts break....

If you've got all the stuff there, it's really not worth the shortcut anyway....especially if you think about the fun metal-on-metal action that happens when chains and belts break....

Hahahaha metal on metal action, see what ya mean!! Its that i need to prepare my car for the rolling road and to hear the car scream on the rollers with old chains on its a gamble i reckon which i aint about to take so need everything tip top.

J