Timing chain K12

Thank you Frank, lots of info. Was first trying to see if there was a way to change chain without removing sumps ? Split chain or special way ? Just looks like it is not possible.

frank

Club Member
Thank you Frank, lots of info. Was first trying to see if there was a way to change chain without removing sumps ? Split chain or special way ? Just looks like it is not possible.
dont think so mate, how about re-phasing the cam sensor instead ? https://www.micra.org.uk/threads/micra-k12-timing-stretch.66900/#post-745222
or filing the cam dowel ?

PA140195.JPG

Chain too stretched real slack. No replies as to easy way, so I am going to detach gearbox mount to allow box to slide slightly to right, put slabs carpet and thin wood shims under engine and box, and slide engine off to see if it will come out, if so then decide to either swap engine with one with good chain, or replace chain. I thought more simple ideas would have been on this site due to the common theme of stretch chains, but unfortunately not. I am convinced that chain can be split and re joined with a bit of clever thinking, if, that is, the engine is not contacting the valves when turning over by hand.

frank

Club Member
thats how some superbike chains are done dave, but they dont use wide hyvo chains tho eh
and there is very little k12 engine expertese on here