Time to move on.

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
After 8 years of running what is now the MSC I have decided as of 1st Aug 2005 I am going to step down as the MSC club chairman. I have appointed Kev as the only person I know with enough experience and track record to take my place after me and I am positive that the MSC will go on with the heart and dedication that started it in the very beginning.

My reasons for this are simple. The MSC takes up allot of my spare time, which I feel I really need now to develop a future for myself. I don’t believe I can make a good job of both at the or that indeed is sensible thing to do and so I have taken the decision after along time now to finally leave the MSC in this role and dedicate myself other areas.

The MSC has always meant a lot to me and through it so much has happened for so many people. I know that there are a lot of people out there who I have clashed with in the past but I have always done what I have believed is best for the MSC and I hope that most people can see this.
Right now I feel that the club is very strong. Its member base is the largest it has ever been. The site the most active and people for the most part most friendly! It is no longer a small community and extends to all corners and beyond that of the UK. I am very proud of what I feel my being here has achieved and what I have seen the MSC grow into. I sincerely thank all those members past and present who have over the years enabled the MSC to grow into what it is today. I honestly believe that the MSC really has changed the image of the Micra to some extent in the UK, and that so much has happened because of it.

So will I go completely? No not quite! I shall for now remain on the club committee to help with the larger decisions and the general well-being of the club. I will of course be about as I am now, and will of course try see you all at events and other gatherings. I will also definitely be involved with the tuning sides to these and other cars, just I will no longer be running the club.

So this leaves me to say that for the most of you nothing much will change and until Aug 1st I shall remain committed as ever and make the transition to Kev as easy as possible, so its not all over yet!

Ed

R

Rusty

Well I'm sad to see you step down but I understand your reason behind this. I'm very glad that you'll still be around as I've enjoyed many of your posts (particularly on your ST makeover!). Must have been a hard decision to make.

Rhys

P.S.

So who is this Kev bloke then? :p

R

Rusty

Oh, and might I add a big thank you and well done for what you have done for the MSC. :)

quickdraw

Ex. Club Member
meh!! 2 assecs copy and paste my thread and close the other :$lol

well: lol
from my thread i created..

as we spoke on msn, i have a few doubts with this and some things i feel are lacking slightly now may open bigger. such as the need for actual MICRA enthusists etc. on board the not so much ADMIN but moderator type roles. such as i feel mike is bringing to the club.

KEV i know can be very active at times to the club and the background work. james is more that qualified to build and maintain the site (i just feel he may still require the "guidance" so to speak.)
i just feel with you stepping down you will again go as per before and be slightly quieter than before untill we start hearing very little from yourself,

we have talked about this situation alot of rescent months and can fully understand the reasonings behind this. so dont doubt u one bit. and as i told u months ago aswell there is plenty of people willing and ABLE to help out. hopefully things will still run smoothly and the club will still continue to grow. as i know personally many things are pipelines etc!

so heres to hopefully the continue growth of what seems to be a good expenion of the MSC
and hopefully all the plans will be infultrated aswell and cause it to grow massively!

wayne

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
lol @ Rusty!

Ed and I have both chatted this through at length and although I am indeed like many of you will be sad to see Ed step down, I think for him and MSC it's best way forward.

I have the up most respect for Ed and in the many years of knowing him and experiences we have had creating the MSC from the MMN have been superb and with what we have achieved today is quite an accomplishment and I intend to carry on in this vain.

I will of course carry on like usual and the transition should go through as smoothly as it can do. The setup the MSC has for it's size is fine. James will take care of the forum and internet side of things, whilst I'll continue with the membership admin and soon the financial side of the club, of which I'm more then capable of given current qualifications. Between us with have enough moderators for the forum at present and Ed may continue with that but hasn't made a definitive decision as of yet. If any further changes are needed to benefit the club then they will be made in due course.

KEV i know can be very active at times to the vclub and tthe background work. james is more that qualified to build and maintain the site (i just feel he may still require the "guidance" so to speak.)
i just feel with you steppping down you will again go as per before and be slightly quiter than before untill we start hearing bery little from yourself,

Earlier this year I had a terrible time, in fact the worst I'll probably have for many a year, this really knocked me for six, but everything now is beginning to repair itself and things are greatly looking up and going forward for me. To be honest the whole idea of Ed stepping down is so that he can concentrate on other area's of his life, so yes he could become quieter, but I think he needs time out to do this.

Kev :)

Titch

Micra K11ng
Well on behalf of the club i thnik i'd just like to say Thank You to Ed for all his hard work and commitment over the past 8 years.

Through the MSC, i've made really good friends, learnt lots about how to run my car (and other cars to), had a good laugh at meets and even had good holidays because of it!

I see your reasons on why you must step down, but as you say, Kev is more than fine for the job, and i'm sure he'll have no problem in handling the tasks ahead of him. As well as James is.

Anyway mate - just to say thanks, and good louck for the future. And no doubt you'll still be on here loads anyway!

Titch - :kungfu:

Retepetsir

King of Subsonic
Thanks for the past few years - I've enjoyed it :)

Hopefully I will do for a few years to come!

I'm looking forward to JAE this year and hope to see you there!

Craig

Unofficial Member (Gold)
Club Member
Thanks for creating the MSC as what it is, good luck with whatever else you need to concentrate your time on, I'm sure it can't have been an easy decision to make :)

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo
Well, it will be sad to see you step down mate but I can perfectly understand your reasoning. The club pretty much runs itself anyway with the vast amount of members that there currently is, and thats due to the hard work that has been put in over the time. Good luck with everything in the future though and I hope that you are still an active member in the future too.

Oh and Kev... buy another micra, you know you want too. :p

James

Chairman
You can have my red K10 if you want Kev for next to nothing, pretty standard atm, just needs a bit of TLC :) But done me very well :)

I've made my thoughts clear on MSN and in the admin forum, but just thought i'd reiterate you have my complete support Ed and I hope you go on to do great things after the MSC. I will enjoy seeing how the ST(s) turn out too, I think it's time for another visit to yours sometime soon methinks...

All the best,
James :)

OP
OP
Ed

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
Thanks everyone, great to hear your comments. Only thing to add really is the MSC does not nearly run its self, hence why it takes up so much of my time! If it did I wouldnt have chosen this :) lol

Ed

Pete

Site Supporter
Sorry to see you go Ed, sure Kev'll try and continue pushing the club forward.

Petey

Attachments

• sounds.jpg
    sounds.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 383
  • new_sounds.jpg
    new_sounds.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 337

danni

Ex. Club Member
well its a shame to see you go as you put a lot into making the club what it is today, but good luck with everything in the future!
Thanks for all your efforts with the club as i have made a lot of friends through the club, and without you bringing the club to what it is this wouldnt have been possible.
I hope everything goes well for you in the future

Just wana add that kev, i think you will do a good job and have my full support.

danni

K10Daz

RIP Colin McRae 1968-2007
Bit of a shame to see you step down Ed, but better things come along and careers move in different directions! Lets just hope that things turn out alright for you and you get what you want out of life! Dont become a stranger as im sure i speak on behalf of a lot of the MSC members in saying that your help and dedication will be missed! Good luck for the future

Does this mean theres a better chance of getting the highscore for the month in the arcades :p

Daz :alien:

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo
Ed said:
Thanks everyone, great to hear your comments. Only thing to add really is the MSC does not nearly run its self, hence why it takes up so much of my time! If it did I wouldnt have chosen this :) lol

Ed

Lol, I knew someone would take that the wrong way as soon as I posted it. What I meant was the members make the club, and due to the members playing a part in the club and continuing to support it the club remains. In no way was I stating that you don't do enough work for the club, as I know as does everyone else that you do do alot. I was just merely stating how the members keep the club and the forums active. However, once again thanks for your input, support and growth of the club, I'm happy you have made it what it is today as I have met many great friends and learnt soooooo much stuff off here. :)

Dr Zoidberg

Ex. Club Member
RE: RE: Time to move on.

yeah good luck Ed, and cheers for all the help/effort you've put into the msc

K10Daz said:
Does this mean theres a better chance of getting the highscore for the month in the arcades :p

nah cos he said hes still coming online lol :D

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Cheers Ed for everything you've done for the MSC!

It's good that you'l still be around in the club and attending meets :)

SR_Micra_Boy

Ex. Club Member
Its a shame to hear that Ed, as you told me a few weeks ago its been a long haul.

Good luck to kev aswell who is more than capable to take over, make sure ur not afraid to ask if u need any help.