tig welding

i would never attempt to weld a fuelrail personally azzy, especially when the CGA topfeed rail is such an easy option

I agree! top feed gives you so many more options in the future also.

I cut and shut the CG and CGA inlet mani to retain the CG throttle body in stock position.
imag0294-medium-jpg.20498

imag0295-medium-jpg.20499

OP
OP
Azzydot
I agree! top feed gives you so many more options in the future also.

I cut and shut the CG and CGA inlet mani to retain the CG throttle body in stock position.
imag0294-medium-jpg.20498

imag0295-medium-jpg.20499
I know what u mean but just a thought of using sr20 rails for 370cc injectors for boost as in past I had them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

and how did weld come out like ?
came out as everyone suggests. a piece of red hot steel with welding rod attached. pile of aluminium on the floor!

Volkswagen have apparently designed a "new" welding technique though and they can stick aluminium to steel. they use the technology on their eco cars like the UP.

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
pink USA Ga16 are 185cc, i assumed the black slenderUK GA16DE would flow the same.

Personally I would put SR20DE in minimum. Melting engine parts is never fun.
UK spec black ones are 198cc so bit more ceiling room with them

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
ok for low boost, 80%+ duration is far from ideal eh, no point spraying fuel at a closed valve :)
Because the inlet valve is only open for 80% of the duration of the intake cycle? At least I'll be alright with em at only about 5psi haha. I HAVE heard of a 230cc colourless injector that might be USDM. TBH I thought the pink 185cc injectors were off the JDM GA15DE motor...

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
Is 198cc proven?

Seems odd they fitted higher flow to a lower spec engine.
Pinks were on the Jap GA15, Blacks on the UK GA14 and GA16 (probably same on GA14 for standardisation more than anything else)
And I think those are the specs quoted by Nissan

frank

Club Member
Because the inlet valve is only open for 80% of the duration of the intake cycle? At least I'll be alright with em at only about 5psi haha. I HAVE heard of a 230cc colourless injector that might be USDM. TBH I thought the pink 185cc injectors were off the JDM GA15DE motor...
1.3 cams are 222 deg eh andy, so 720/222 is the open period ?

frank

Club Member
(Confession: I have NO clue about cam duration haha:confused: )
heh :) the inlet valve is only open on the intake stroke basically eh andy, then closed on the other 3 strokes.
so an injector only has a fraction of the cycle to spray the fuel into the port (tho the CG,s batch fire on startup/cranking apparently)

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
heh :) the inlet valve is only open on the intake stroke basically eh andy, then closed on the other 3 strokes.
so an injector only has a fraction of the cycle to spray the fuel into the port (tho the CG,s batch fire on startup/cranking apparently)
Yeah I know that much and that cams run at twice the crank speed, its the 720/222 business that confuses me. Dunno what to make of it, I was always lazy and used cams suggested to me, never bothered to learn about them :(

OP
OP
Azzydot
pink USA Ga16 are 185cc, i assumed the black slenderUK GA16DE would flow the same.

Personally I would put SR20DE in minimum. Melting engine parts is never fun.
i always think if you need the bhp you aim for go a bit higher cc injectors it's more safer and upgraded later for furture

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
i always think if you need the bhp you aim for go a bit higher cc injectors it's more safer and upgraded later for furture

370cc will be fine Azzy and give you headroom for a similar setup to Paul, (a.k.a pollyp).

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
Can I get a shock if I holded my work in place and touched with glove ?

If your gloves were fingerless and you forgot to attach the earth clamp to the work piece then yes you could get a bit of a belt. But as long as you follow a safe working procedure then you'll have nothing to worry about.

OP
OP
Azzydot
If your gloves were fingerless and you forgot to attach the earth clamp to the work piece then yes you could get a bit of a belt. But as long as you follow a safe working procedure then you'll have nothing to worry about.
Right I will use a ground clamp and gloves and give my mates mig a go and my tig and vs it with same metal and see wat comes out better,

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
Right I will use a ground clamp and gloves and give my mates mig a go and my tig and vs it with same metal and see wat comes out better,

If the work isn't earthed you won't be able to strike an arc, so using the earth clamp is pretty much a given mate

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
Also my tig is a dc inverter can I use plasmer cutter on mines ?

Plasma cutter requires a roughly 4bar compressed air supply. What you can do is ramp the amps right up so you punch straight through, and it can be effective on thinner sheet metal, but on thicker stuff (3mm+) you'll get too much heat bleeding into the metal and risk distortion