throttle problems

Hi I am new to this forum. I am hoping some of you noble and knowledgable micra owners maybe able to shed some light on a problem.
First of all the background. The car is not mine, it belongs to my uncle who lives on the isle of north uist in Scotland. nissan dealers are few and far between.
The Car - nissan micra 1.4 s 2000 x reg
the problem started when the car died on a trip to glasgow in glen coe when trying to overtake. the RAC man came out and did some jiggery pokery and got it running. Later the problem was diagnosed as a faulty throttle body. I found him a spare from a scrappy which was fitted. Subsequently 3 months later the problem reoccured again. So the garage have disconnected the offending part. The car runs fine. The problem will apparently be when the weather gets cold there will be no choke to get the engine running.
My question is does anyone know anything about this problem. Do they know how to fix it, preferably without have to spend £650 pound on a new throttle body.

This is is all the information i have as my elderly uncle is not what you might call technically minded. so what i have told you is what he relyed to me.

thanks in advance to anyone who reads or can help with this post.

great cheers very much. seems i might buy and try one of these maf sensors off the old fleabay. hopefully that will sort the problem. cheers again hope this sorts it.

Hey Mate,
Just in the process of mine you need a T20 Security Torx bit, I got a set in the form of allen keys - cost about 4 quid when postage included

Hey Mate,
Just in the process of mine you need a T20 Security Torx bit, I got a set in the form of allen keys - cost about 4 quid when postage included

I am having a problem replacing the maf sensor. I have purchased a set of security torx bits but the T20 bit wont fit and i don't know how to get the screws out any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I was wondering wether it might be just that the bits are poorly made so i bought some more but they dont work either!!!!! PLEASE HELP.

After more research i still dont know what screwdriver bit i need can anyone narrow it down please?
Tx 20
Ts 20
is it a five pointed star rather than the standard 6 pointed torx.
I could do with an awswer as my uncles goes north again soon and i hope to fix before he goes.

Cheers Tom

Back