Throttle position sensor help Bosch coilpack

Hi all, looking for some help with Tps plug. I unplugged the Tps connector which has 3 wires the centre wire is the earth, but the 2 wires either side are reading 5 volts on my digital multi meter. Not sure why this is??. Any advice welcome, thanks in advance.

Five volts is typical o/c collector bus line supply. May I ask what issues initiated disconnecting TPS and measuring open circuit voltages?

NB; do not move the TPS, otherwise a positional fault with driving issues may be created where none existed before requiring recalibration set up.

Good luck.

Five volts is typical o/c collector bus line supply. May I ask what issues initiated disconnecting TPS and measuring open circuit voltages?

NB; do not move the TPS, otherwise a positional fault with driving issues may be created where none existed before requiring recalibration set up.

Good luck.
Thanks for reply. I suspect a Tps fault as the car has very unresponsive throttle. I wanted to back probe the Tps while slowly moving the throttle to take the readings. Mine is the Bosch Tps which has no adjustment, it's a plug and play type.

I have a coilpack tps mocked up from when I was setting up my Megasquirt ecu, closed its 0.3v and wot it's 4.5v. 5vref input to the green wire, ground to the black/white wire and then measure between ground and the blue signal wire.

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

I have a coilpack tps mocked up from when I was setting up my Megasquirt ecu, closed its 0.3v and wot it's 4.5v. 5vref input to the green wire, ground to the black/white wire and then measure between ground and the blue signal wire.

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk
Thank you, so I need to back probe ground wire and blue signal wire with multi meter and check for steady rise to 4.5v at WOT

Back