Throttle Body

When I hit search on my phone app this thing crashes so apologies if this is regularly asked!

Any advantages of using. CG15 or a CG18 throttle body on the K11?Just curious...I see a few spares round my local scrapyard..

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
Well you might get a small increase in power with a heavily tuned engine, but after like 2002 they are drive by wire, so you would need the pedal assembly too and would need to modify the whole loom...

OP
OP
Revmau5
I'm pretty sure both these engines had cables and the pulley type throttle body. Pulled both actually to make sure they opened...which was suprising given the amount of rust. I'll maybe be best to take a few pics some day next week.

frank

Club Member
the QG t/b is 50mm dia iirc (5mm bigger than ours) and has a square footprint/bolt pattern, and no inbuilt maf

frank

Club Member
here are the GA16, SR and stock t/b,s, and a stock maf mounted upstream of an SR t/b

67461.jpg
78121.jpg

frank

Club Member
this vid shows the idle is running at 6 or 8 deg, then when i ease the clutch out to stall the engine the ecu increases the timing to 18 deg to stop the engine from stalling, then i dip the clutch and the timing drops back down
and yes, i have a cable that gently pulls on the throttle pedal :)