throttle body

hi

ive just looked at the re-soldering guide for the throttle body. what is it im supposed to do, im i supposed to just melt the solder of both the 3 joints left and right. im looking at the circuit board and everything looks ok ie no rust etc...

should i still resolder the joints anyways?

regards me

yea you just remelt the joint cos they tend to dry up n create a tiny crack gap therefore disconnecting the MAF sensor. remelting the solder restores the broken connection

I had same problem 1 year ago! But i got a used TB with MAF and TPS sensors from scrapy.

Just today i cleaned the whole system with OneShot (air intake cleaner) and the idle is way much better!

So my advise is to clean it using proper cleaners, if that wont help.....try the resoldering solution.

Greeting,
Alex

should i just melt more solder onto the 3 joints on the right as the ones on the left look ok. i just hope ive done it right. is there anyway to test to see if the joints are working for continuity from circiut to the maf?

im going on holiday to canada on thursday for 3 weeks so hope everyone has a good summer etc...

regards me

Back