Throttle body resoldering

peposhi

Once I win the Euromillions...
Is this the type of throttle body that can be re soldered?

p1080879..jpg

p1080880..jpg

p1080881z..jpg

Here is the model of the car:
p1080882..jpg

yep

had to slow down myself, nearly lost my driving license some time a go due to hot wheels, crazy head and few drinks...

so, fast car was sold and here I am - 1L, automatic to save myself from troubles :laugh:

But at least I can work on exterior, interior with no bother :p

Right, guys

The other day me Micra hit the rock bottom with 36l/360km, which is a really bad for 997cc car I believe. 10L/100km?!? With Kalata's help, I re-soldered the throttle body. So far, so good. Car runs better, responses faster when accelerating and with a half tank gone I'm 50km ahead of the past results.

Had to change the spark plugs too. Have you an idea why the spark plugs are getting black (burnt) and greasy so fast? I've changed them 8-9 months a go...

Hi Peposhi
K11 1.0L is not very economic, if you do short city trips, with lot of stops/red traffic lights.
Moreover if you drive a bit "agressively" and like to have fun you always have to push pedal to the floor. I'm doing mainly 5 to 10min trips in city and make only 450 to 500km with 40L. When I'm doing highway/country roads I'm doing 600 650 km with 40L. You can change fuel filter, air filter and pcv filter in the airbox. Or buy a 106/AYGO, economic but fun level = 0.
Cheers
Seb

Hi Peposhi
K11 1.0L is not very economic, if you do short city trips, with lot of stops/red traffic lights.
Moreover if you drive a bit "agressively" and like to have fun you always have to push pedal to the floor. I'm doing mainly 5 to 10min trips in city and make only 450 to 500km with 40L. When I'm doing highway/country roads I'm doing 600 650 km with 40L. You can change fuel filter, air filter and pcv filter in the airbox. Or buy a 106/AYGO, economic but fun level = 0.
Cheers
Seb
Hi, Seb,

Kalata's Micra is doing 6.5L/100km steady. Mine is automatic, was doing 7.3-7.5L/100km and then started decline. I've fitted a spoiler, got some 195/45/15 alloys and did some sound deadening - an extra litre or so. I drive it hard sometime, but come on... 10L?!? It's not even winter yet and A/C is off FFS! Air filter is new, PCV one :wasntme: I don't know where is it, have to replace the fuel filter though, asap.
R_REG_SR,

Thanks for that, I'll check when possible.

right, guys
I'm in deep sh.. again :(
Loss of power, poor fuel consumption... arrgh!l
Went to a mechanic. He's said it might be the cat. Removed the lambda sensor had me drive around about a mile and then fit it back - car run perfectly for 2 days and now the problem is back again...

The cat is mounted right in front of the engine and have to buy a Nissan one, can not be replaced with universal. The original cost around 350 Euro though :(

Do you think I should try with a different throttle body first?

Hmm, no i think throttle body is fine, how old is your car, have you looked at the cams through oil filler hole to see how your oil is (Mine is sludgy ><) but i think good oil can aid operation of the car.

I ask for the age because i've tried redex recently and the results are remarkable (Y).

I found not only did the redex help the injectors but my fuel gage is reading accurately, on facelift models i think their is a reserve tank too!

Hmm, no i think throttle body is fine, how old is your car, have you looked at the cams through oil filler hole to see how your oil is (Mine is sludgy ><) but i think good oil can aid operation of the car.

I ask for the age because i've tried redex recently and the results are remarkable (Y).

I found not only did the redex help the injectors but my fuel gage is reading accurately, on facelift models i think their is a reserve tank too!

Hi, MrMigs08

In February the car would be 11 years old
I've serviced it few months a go. I've driven 7k km since then, the oil seems to be fine.
What about REDEX? I haven't used so far. How does it look, is there anything specific about it?

[QUO throttle body looks like a pre-facelift one[/QUOTE]

there was no a code reader with correct connector for my car in the garage... may need to bring it to the main Nissan garage...:(

Redex is some red liquid that goes in when you fill her up (Cleaning assistance adatives i s'pose) mine is 11 years old too, i would definately reccomend trying it before proceeding to the nissan garage, you should feel some lost power be regained too! Just read the instructions closely, and ration accordingly :). (Should be like 3-4 quid from places like tesco, asda etc.)

resoldering didnt work for me had to get TB from a scrappy cost £30 and probably a hit and miss operation but i lucked out and my car runs better than when i bought it

The thing is that a mechanic has said it's the cat, I believe( with the little experience I have) it's the TB... How to make sure which one is the problem. Should I run a proper test in a Nissan garage?

it wont be the cat on a single lambda system (unless its melted the core) it could be the lambda or coolant temp sensor eh (which can be tested with a meter)

Back